Thread: Speaker Bracket

Default Speaker Bracket

Has anyone else had the bracket that holds the speakers break? This is the second one for us... The round piece that attaches the speaker to the boat. It cracked and broke off where the screws go in. Can you purchase just the brackets? Thanks in advance.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Default Replying to Topic 'Speaker Bracket'

are you talking about the speaker grill? I don't know of any bracket that the speakers use to mount to the boat unless it's tower speakers. Typically a speaker has mounting holes that go through the outer rim of the basket on the speaker. If you broke that, I don't even want to know what's going on inside your boat. But I would have to think that you are talking about the speaker grill. Now that I think about it, the stock speakers have the grill made onto them and the speaker mounts through the grill, is that what you are talking about? If that's the case you will either have to replace the speaker or repair that one with some plastic weld or something.

Originally posted by pickle311

are you talking about the speaker grill? I don't know of any bracket that the speakers use to mount to the boat unless it's tower speakers. Typically a speaker has mounting holes that go through the outer rim of the basket on the speaker. If you broke that, I don't even want to know what's going on inside your boat. But I would have to think that you are talking about the speaker grill. Now that I think about it, the stock speakers have the grill made onto them and the speaker mounts through the grill, is that what you are talking about? If that's the case you will either have to replace the speaker or repair that one with some plastic weld or something.

Right, we have the stock speakers with the grill attached. I am talking about the outer rim. Trust me, we aren't jumping over dams in the boat. We are in our fifth summer with our 02 Outback LS.
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

In my outback they did the same thing. Over tightening the screws will do it and also they get weak from vibration, and the sun. I replaced the speakers in mine for that very reason.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Originally posted by MEDIC151

In my outback they did the same thing. Over tightening the screws will do it and also they get weak from vibration, and the sun. I replaced the speakers in mine for that very reason.

Medic
    You replaced the whole speaker I take it. What did you replace the stock speakers with?
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

I just went to the dealer and they had some extras they gave me that were stock. I personally would replace them with a brand name like kenwood or sony and forget the marine version. They suck, plain and simple. Any 6" speaker with a poly cone will work as it will shed the water. In my new XLV it came stock with Kenwood 6" non marine speakers and have done great.

medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV