Default Replacement bulbs or aftermarket docking lights

Any suggestions? I have one that is out & I need to replace... Anyone have aftermarket ones that work better, or should I just go with stock?

Well, if I remember correctly, the lights are MR-16 halogen. I likewise had one go out. I ordered a couple 9w to 12w CREE LED options off ebay to try them out. The first one that came from the USA had a body that was WAY too long and I would have had to modify the insides of the housing to make it work. Eventually I got the 2nd model from China (ya know, cause they take weeks to arrive) and it looks like it'll work.

My initial tests showed that the LED's were probably going to be about as bright as the halogens (with obviously less heat and current draw). I also happened to have a blue MR-16 that had 30 of the SMD5050 led chips on it. that was decently bright too--just blue.

I did a lot of research and there isn't going to be a realistic HID solution. MR-16 just isn't something that they make a lot of HID options in.

As far as what specifically to get on ebay, you just have to search and look at the pics to see if it appears to be the same basic length as the halogen MR-16's. there's 9w options and a few 12w that I was able to find.

I think I need to finish the project now that the china LED's finally arrived. But I'm pretty sure that's the direction I'll go.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thank you!!! I apprecaite the information... Looks like I will just replace with stock and move on...