Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diablo Royale Customs and Wake Makers

Hi Everyone,

So the decision to keep our boat was made and we are looking for some advise. From what I hear the guys at Wake Makers do a great job with plug and play optons for increasing ballast in the rear lockers. Currently I have the stock 400lbs bags in the back lockers... Wake makers say I can go up to 1100lbs which is what they recommend. Does anyone have this set up in a XLV (ours is a 200... Yes, it can be done, but should it and will i do more damage to the boat elsewhere? Is there a weight issue on the floor, and what about the plastic engine guard (or cover? not sure what its called) that keeps everything away from the engine... I hear they will bow inwards towards the engine and as a fix, they (wake makers) suggest we drill in support brackets which they sell.... The largest bags appeal to me, but I don't want to create more issues just to solve one.

Also, anyone have the drain plug light by Diablo Royale? They have several... Just trying to see if they are any good long term, and which one you guys would recommend...

Thank you.

If you leave the drain plug in year round, ok, but for those that remove the plug on a regular basis, i dont like the drian plug lights. The constant twisting of the lights harness has its screwed in or out, is going to weaken the harness right where it enters the lights body.

From an illumination standpoint, I prefer to use use a pair of transom mounted lights. Even if they are a quality built but not the brightest, you will get better water penetration from two lights over a single center mounted plug light.

Trust the guys at wakemakers. You will want to reinforce the plastic engine panels or just tolerate them bowing. And after you add a bunch of weight you may want a new prop.

I have had 1100's in my 2008 lsv for 4 years with no issues. There should be no problem having that size in an xlv.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I likewise have a 2008 XLV. I run the 1100's in the rear lockers. to increase room for the bags to more fully fill, I removed the carpeted wood pieces at the front part of the lockers.

Before:

After:

I went a season without the engine divider panel reinforcement, but one day I opened the engine cover while the bag was fully filled and the panels were bowing to the point where the panel was touching the muffler on the exhaust. I didn't like that. Had no idea they were bowing that much, so I bought the wakemakers panel reinforcement kit. I also suggest getting the 1180 gravity games bag for the front basement locker. Or at the very least, get the 650 for the front basement (I have one for sale if you're interested!!!)

I relocated one of the stock 400 bags to be under the seats (from in front of the cooler extending to the battery boxes). I added a reversible pump for it. Having that under the seat bag really, really makes it great for the surf wave (I surf regular). When I load up the surfside 1100, fill the basement 1180, and the under the seat 400, and the non-surf side rear about halfway, and have 2 to 4 people on the surfside, the wave is great!!! If I don't have the people I can get a good wave with the surfside 1100 full, basement 1180 full, underseat 400 full, and the non-surfside empty.

One thing I will say is that if you switch to the bigger bags, you'll be WAY happier with the surf (and also wakeboard) wakes, but the stock ballast system is going to feel painfully slow. Like 20 minutes with the big bags. There's lots of threads on how to try to "fix" this (add TEE's and pumps, add expensive reversible pumps, add all new aerator pumps with bigger lines and more thru hulls). Bottom line is that there's no real cheap and easy fix to make your ballast system faster. You either have to throw a decent amount of money or a decent amount of effort or both at the system.

Lemme know if you have more questions.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I went with the sumo 900 since the 1100's pop the hatches, I added 1180 in the belly and 520 in the bow, plus 120 in lead under each 900 and 150 in the back rear port corner.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

You can see my setup in my signature. I am running three parallel reversible pumps with three through hulls and have had no problems with anything. I have also not reinforced my dividers but have had no problems with that either for some reason. I should probably do it but have had very little bowing.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I have the XLV as well and I've used the Diablo Double rear drain plug light. For the money I was very happy with it. We don't get on the water real often after dark so for the two or three times we are this works perfect for us and the light is good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I went with the sumo 900 since the 1100's pop the hatches, I added 1180 in the belly and 520 in the bow, plus 120 in lead under each 900 and 150 in the back rear port corner.
    Joe's setup is LEGIT! If you have XLV and you are running anything else you are wrong!
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I went with the sumo 900 since the 1100's pop the hatches
    I don't recall a lot of hatch poppin'. I believe that mine flow out the top vents before they pop a hatch. Also removing that carpeted wood piece allow my 1100's to fill more as they're not constricted as much at that end, so maybe that's helping not get hatch pop??? Dunno.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com