Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake house

Default Lake house

Does anyone have a lake house or lake shack or grass to pitch a tent with a launch close by for a vacation in the summer? Even if it's just the grass with an outhouse a fire pit and a dock would be great! I'd pay and/or sign a contract or w.e. So no one would worry about any mishaps. Just for a "cheap" get away. And figured I'd ask on here before I start searching the inter webs. I understand it's a lot to ask someone you don't know but everyone would benefit! Even if you/ your fam or your friends were in the house and me and a couple of people were in tents that would be sweet!!! Just a thought... Btw I live near Chicago but would drive anywhere for a nice "relaxing" wakeboard/surf trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 mojo 345

Its a little drive but we have a condo on Norris Lake. Before memorial day and after labor day we rent it out for $150 a night and in season its $1,600 for the week or $250 a night. PM me if you want more information.

Default Lake house

Definitely trying to find something cheaper. I wouldn't mind the drive I just want to wake up and boat all day sleep and do it all over again but on a budget lol because who really stays inside when you have a boat and lake!! But thanks for the offer I really appreciate it! but if I somehow can afford that in the future I will definitely let you know

2014 mojo 345

Come out west and have a water front camping for free to $12 a night on 75% of the land the government owns out here (there is a good side to that). If you have Corps of Engineer reservoirs then they are required by law to have a primitive free site available on each reservoir. They may not be much and the people camping there may be questionable but there are some excellent sites out here but you have to hunt them down. They aren't advertised and I did a quick search and couldn't find the requirement but it is out there as it is part of the fine print posted at a Corps campground. The nice thing is no people except for a few fisherman.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

If you are going to tent camp, go down to shelbyville. Depending on where you are in chicago land its at most 3.5 hrs. Big lake to just play on. We go 2-3 times a summer.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Default Lake house

Sweet guys thanks for the info! Will deff have to check it out!

2014 mojo 345

lots of water in wisconsin that isn't too far for you. I have seen many waterfront places that you can rent weekdays for not a ton of cash. probably more than you are looking to spend tho..

I'm 2 miles to the ramp. you are welcome to camp in my back yard

I miss camping out west. no mosquitoes and an abundance of free sites. my old home lake- lucky peak- had tons of sites that were free and only boat accessible meaning not a lot of riffraff. that lake rocked....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Lake house

I might have to take you up on that offer sandm just might have to use the rest room here and there but it actually sounds great!! What kind of boat do you have?

2014 mojo 345

Default Lake house

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lots of water in wisconsin that isn't too far for you. I have seen many waterfront places that you can rent weekdays for not a ton of cash. probably more than you are looking to spend tho..

I'm 2 miles to the ramp. you are welcome to camp in my back yard

I miss camping out west. no mosquitoes and an abundance of free sites. my old home lake- lucky peak- had tons of sites that were free and only boat accessible meaning not a lot of riffraff. that lake rocked....
    Lucky peak is awesome for the camping and boat only access docks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Yeah, if you were over here in the Pacific NW, you could camp on Government Island (between WA and OR on the Columbia River. Camping on the island gives you pretty amazing access. there's even docks and outhouses. Even a floating restroom in the middle of the river.

http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cf...age&parkId=169

http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/ENG/Pages/gover_sandyb.aspx
    Last edited by trayson; 02-08-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com