Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

What the.....
    -Jake

Default Officially Official, I am headed to the SE

Congrats Mike! Be safe, when you end up heading over to Lake Martin give me a heads up, would love to buy you a beer at Chucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
    Congrats Mike! Be safe, when you end up heading over to Lake Martin give me a heads up, would love to buy you a beer at Chucks!

and I'll buy the second round on July 24th
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Officially Official, I am headed to the SE

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    and I'll buy the second round on July 24th
    Well, looks like I now have that weekend planned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, when it gets closer to traveling I am thinking of a thread with routes I might take, would love to stop along the way and meet some of the great people here.

Also I will need to be filled in on all the great events, and get togethers yall do in the south.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This is were its nice, we only need to pack, her Company is providing 10K to move everything, so they are paying moving the furniture, ship the Vette in an enclosed semi, and all the costs associated to moving her car, truck and boat to GA.

Couldn't happier.
    I would think that if they're providing a flat $10k, that would be drained with just moving the a couple of the vehicles. shipping a car enclosed increases the price a lot. I'd be curious to know how the costs of moving everything shakes out...

And of course sad to see you go from this area, but excited for new opportunities.

Oh, and I think you need to start downsizing for the move... So we can meet up anytime and I'll take that XLV banner off your hands so you don't have to hassle with moving it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I would think that if they're providing a flat $10k, that would be drained with just moving the a couple of the vehicles. shipping a car enclosed increases the price a lot. I'd be curious to know how the costs of moving everything shakes out...

And of course sad to see you go from this area, but excited for new opportunities.

Oh, and I think you need to start downsizing for the move... So we can meet up anytime and I'll take that XLV banner off your hands so you don't have to hassle with moving it.
    Its going quick let me tell you.
    I dont have the official moving quotes yet those are being done yesterday and today, so by the end of the week I should know.
    Ship the Vette is $1400 enclosed, 1K open.
    Fuel I calculated by 30mpg on her car 10mpg on my truck at 2800 miles and said average Diesel was 2.25
    Her Car being very reserved at 30mpg would be $210 in diesel
    Truck and Boat at reserved 10mpg would be $630 in Diesel
    I set aside 3 meals a day at $20 a meal for 4 days travel $240
    Hotel for 3 nights at $100 a night $300
    Vette $1400
    That all is $2700
    So that leaves $6300 left to move furniture.

Her boss and CEO are really excited to see her transferring and I am sure if things were a little over they wont care, as long as its justified expenses.

Now what will cost me on the other side, I will need to replace the Fridge and washer / dryer which cost me about 5K 5 years ago. I am hoping when the new buyer asks for Closing I can use these units as $3500 offset.

Honestly if worst came to it and the budget gets too tight, I will not ship my Vette, I will store it here with someone I trust, and fly back later to drive it out.
    To early to tell yet.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Its going quick let me tell you.
    I dont have the official moving quotes yet those are being done yesterday and today, so by the end of the week I should know.
    Ship the Vette is $1400 enclosed, 1K open.
    Fuel I calculated by 30mpg on her car 10mpg on my truck at 2800 miles and said average Diesel was 2.25
    Her Car being very reserved at 30mpg would be $210 in diesel
    Truck and Boat at reserved 10mpg would be $630 in Diesel
    I set aside 3 meals a day at $20 a meal for 4 days travel $240
    Hotel for 3 nights at $100 a night $300
    Vette $1400
    That all is $2700
    So that leaves $6300 left to move furniture.

Her boss and CEO are really excited to see her transferring and I am sure if things were a little over they wont care, as long as its justified expenses.

Now what will cost me on the other side, I will need to replace the Fridge and washer / dryer which cost me about 5K 5 years ago. I am hoping when the new buyer asks for Closing I can use these units as $3500 offset.

Honestly if worst came to it and the budget gets too tight, I will not ship my Vette, I will store it here with someone I trust, and fly back later to drive it out.
    To early to tell yet.
    Oh, I thought you were talking $10k to have ALL the vehicles shipped. That would have been really, really, spendy. I know how much it cost to have my XLV shipped. But if you're just factoring the price of fuel and driving the car/truck yourselves, that drastically reduces the cost. I would think it'd be fair to have them likewise reimburse you for hotel and food. Or at least give you a per diem for some of that for a reasonable time that it'd take to travel across country.

Why don't you take the fridge/washer/dryer? I mean, these aren't things that are required to be left with the house. I've taken the W/D when I've moved and usually the fridge too. The only time it's best to work them into the deal is for convenience or attractiveness of sale.

Who knows what will happen. It's been a seller's market. I know when we sold Cindy's Mom's House we got a full price offer with the buyer paying their own closing costs. Can't ask for too much more than that!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Oh, I thought you were talking $10k to have ALL the vehicles shipped. That would have been really, really, spendy. I know how much it cost to have my XLV shipped. But if you're just factoring the price of fuel and driving the car/truck yourselves, that drastically reduces the cost. I would think it'd be fair to have them likewise reimburse you for hotel and food. Or at least give you a per diem for some of that for a reasonable time that it'd take to travel across country.

Why don't you take the fridge/washer/dryer? I mean, these aren't things that are required to be left with the house. I've taken the W/D when I've moved and usually the fridge too. The only time it's best to work them into the deal is for convenience or attractiveness of sale.

Who knows what will happen. It's been a seller's market. I know when we sold Cindy's Mom's House we got a full price offer with the buyer paying their own closing costs. Can't ask for too much more than that!
    I would love to take the appliances but with long term storage <4 months> and them being 5 years old, I just don't know if its worth it to take them honestly.
    Now like I said before my estimated cost is only that, I con't know for sure until I see some furniture moving quotes. like the one I just got from Allied, 11K to move everything, storage and deliver once we have a home. That alone blows that original budget away. I would need another 5K over what they allowing us.

Now to be honest, I am not sure if the 10K moving is set in stone, that's for Claudia to figure out.

I personally couldn't let my boat be shipped across the country. I am just too possessive of it. My Vette I can handle it being shipped in a semi with a professional company. The boat I just cant though, because that means someone is pulling it with a truck, well I didn't buy a big ass diesel to haul my boat 20 minutes to the lake LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I personally couldn't let my boat be shipped across the country. I am just too possessive of it. My Vette I can handle it being shipped in a semi with a professional company. The boat I just cant though, because that means someone is pulling it with a truck, well I didn't buy a big ass diesel to haul my boat 20 minutes to the lake LOL.
    Totally agree. If I had the vehicle and TIME to have went to get my XLV, I would have most certainly done so. I just didn't have the extra time off to take for that kind of road trip. Obviously you will have the time off! And on top of that, you'll be able to make it an epic adventure!!!!
    www.TraysonsToybox.com