Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Officially Official, I am headed to the SE

No Not the SUPRA SE < how many of you thought that? > LOL

As of today its official we will be relocating to GA, basically Norcross which is 45 minutes north of Atlanta.

Claudia's company has bought their biggest competitor and she has been promoted to Sr. Manager and has been traveling back and forth for the last 4 months.

Her career is progressing and mine at Intel has been a little lack luster at best for forward movement.

We are of course Bringing big Wave Making, Tune Blaring Mojo back to its home roots of the South.

Our house goes on the market in 4-6 weeks, then after its sold and in Escrow Claudia will moved to GA and start the house hunt. I will leave after everything is done here in OR, I expect to be in the south after 4th of July.

We care keeping this a little hush from Public Media until the house is officially sold, but I wanted to tell my Moomba / Supra family since so many are in the SE already. Should be a great journey and I can spend more time with my fellow boat family.

Anyhow the plan is a lake home on the water front with the boat in a lift.
    Looking into Lift systems already, a couple of the guys here already about us relocating.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So which lake will be the one to get the wave-making tune blaring Mojo?! Allatoona, Lanier or a little further trek to Oconee, Sinclair or other? Lanier will have the most options without question, they have about 11k dock permits as opposed to Allatoona which has less than 1k.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Congrats, take some time and stop along the way to try out different lakes. If you plan on towing the boat cross country you'll have a number of mandatory stops for inspections. Idaho, Wyoming and I believe CO and NM do border inspections starting in March or April. Good luck with the sale of the home and can't wait to see pics of the lake house.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thanks guys, I do hope to stop along the way for a couple special Lake drops.

As fare as lakes we are actually looking at Sinclair, Oconee, Hartwell, and Jackson.

Lanier would be great and is best suited for us but prices might keep us off the water front, and one of my must haves for this relocation is water front property.

Lots of plans still have to be made but it should be a great journey.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

congrats. makes a trip to the south that much more attractive to spend another day on the tune blaring, wave making mojo. hope you have a true surf rope and not a makeshift waterski rope from the maiden surf voyage
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats! Look out Georgia.

I hear Arkansas has the best lakes if you are looking for places to drop the boat along the way

Drew probably has enough room for ya'll to live with him while you search for a place.

But seriously, congrats to Claudia, and good luck with the transition.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Congrats on the move. I know Idaho will want 23 bucks for an out of state invasive species sticker if you plan to drop it in the water.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Congrats! Look out Georgia.

I hear Arkansas has the best lakes if you are looking for places to drop the boat along the way

Drew probably has enough room for ya'll to live with him while you search for a place.

But seriously, congrats to Claudia, and good luck with the transition.
    HAHA I wouldn't mind stopping in the Ark and seeing things, doubtful I live with Drew for any longer then a day or over night. I think he has rules, and I don't conform to those too well LOL. I do look forward to seeing him on one of my trips to scout things out. Hope to get a ride on his boat. Claudia has spent a lot of time scouting while she is down there but we were waiting for me to go until we knew more about it.

What I noticed that is nice is, SOO much is only a few hours away. I expect we will have plenty to do with all those HOT days other then boating as well. In OR suns out boats out is how we normally do it. LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    doubtful I live with Drew for any longer then a day or over night. I think he has rules, and I don't conform to those too well LOL.
    you wouldn't even make it past the guardhouse . . . .

glad it's finally, "official, official" and look forward to seeing you sweat in HOTLANTA!

Congratulations on the move and lake house! There is a lot of boating weather down there in GA. I am jealous to say the least!
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone