Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Question Moomba CRAZ Options & Color

So let’s say you’re ordering a boat, what options are important and specific colors. Myself I’m a fan of clean lines and pretty basic colors, mainly white. Audio has been an item I really never pushed but when selling my boat EVERYBODY asked about the “system” that was in my boat. Seems the norm for boats now is amp, tower speakers, subs, etc. Is the stock audio worth the investment up front or leave out for somebody to upgrade if they want it? How about the rear pad? Full pad or walk through? I like the full pad but seems the walk through would save the vinyl for some years to come. What else am I missing or not thinking of? Surf system seems like a must also, not only for re sale but a part of a boat that is almost a must to have. I wouldn't mind everybody input and opinions. Just keep it nice and respect it's other opinions and somebody looking for advise.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

This is a tough one, you'll get a lot of opinions and I think also based on location you'll get some that prefer a heater and some that don't.

For me, I would break it down into must haves, like to have and that's cool. so much is standard any more you could really get a base boat and be happy.

1. Surf system and ballast
    2. Engine to handle high altitude
    3. interior layout/storage swivel heated drivers seat, on board heater
    4. dual batteries
    5. tower swivel racks, prefer clamps
    6. covers
    7. audio
    8. trailer, has to be tandem, swing tounge, guide poles
    9. lighting
    10. color scheme, yes I am an Ohio State fan and my LSV is UM colors
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

On your specific items ... meh factory audio, yes on rear pad walk thru,

Working off a Sivs list ...

The surf package .... Flow 2.0 WITH ibs. The decal is whatever floats your boat but you want IBS
    I've been told the 400 is sufficient when propped right unless at high altitude. That was in reference to the Mojo.
    Seat - Seat is swivel and heat is not an option.
    Interior - Snap out carpet vs nonskid. I'm not sure
    Heater - I'm a always want a heater type of guy. We use ours all the time.
    Racks - The clamping board racks are possible but they will say Supra on them and are silly pricey. If you are looking at the builder, you have to do the fixed racks at 630 and add the swivel for 400 for swivel board racks. If you want the additional set of racks you have to add another 630, they cannot swivel. Also, you can only add the upper racks on the S-bend, not the aviator 2
    Covers - the trailerable cover looks good from what I've seen. The two piece cover will put buttons all over the boat. If you want just buttons on the bow (bow cover on cold days to help with wind and heater), then that is the tonneau cover.
    Audio - I, personally, would just make sure it has the bow speakers. Towers come prewired whether or not you order a tower audio package. I've always thought aftermarket does a better job matching components but it has been a while since I've seen a factory system.
    Trailer - Several options depending on your style. It seems like a good idea to add the transom step for ease of access. Supra does this.
    Lighting - there are several small lighting options. I think click them all. Tower lightbar is up to you, but only avail on Aviator 2.
    Tower - Aviator 2 vs S-bend. S-bend is taller and only option if you want the z5. Aviator 2 is standard tower. S bend will have an overhead/cabin light where the aviator won't.
    Other thoughts - Metalflake I go back and forth on. I don't understand why depth finder is even an option. As I understand, fire suppression isn't as big of a deal with the newer engines and mostly ordered on international boats. Shipping cover is added no matter what.
    Other Musts, imo - no skid pacakge (gunnels and bow), pop up cleats, bow filler cushion, removable seat back

I'd likely opt for GPS cruise over Moomba cruise. I'm not sure if they both have the steering wheel column lever or not. I know the GPS does.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Surf package is a must, if I understand correctly the CRAZ don't have a center hard tank and will 100% need bow weight. Now is it worth the $5,000 for the chip upgraded 440? My F21 was about the same weight with a little more fuel had the PCM343 and with the right prop it was fantastic no matter the weight I threw at it. Still back and forth about the 400 - 440 Raptor. So the heater package only comes with 2 pull outs on the port side and nothing for the driver? Man a heated seat would be nice since I'm usually riding in the cold and need some heat. I had swivel racks on my old boat and really never used them, LOL. For me it was just as easy to reach around the set the board in rather then swinging it in. It's crazy how many options you get with a trailer! Rear steps and double axel is a must in my book. Wondering what the stainless fenders look like and if their worth a little "bling" on the trailer.
    Thanks for your feed back so far guys! Anybody else please chime in with your opinions.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

I think if you ever plan to sell the boat the Must haves are..

Rotating Racks
    Heater
    GPS
    Surf System
    Center Bow cushion
    Walk through wind block
    Tandem Axle Trailer
    Swing Tongue
    Spare Tire
    Upgraded stereo to include Sub and Towers

After that its all hit and miss depending on the buyers, but the above to me would cover the biggest buyer market.

Once you get to a Personal level you are limiting your buyer base, this would include Colors, window tint, how much stereo, walk through rear deck, engine Torque, props, and things like that.

Myself i tend to like classic colors, such as the coffee colors my LSV had, or the Grey and White of my Mojo.
    I like the blues, whites, blacks, people buy but I like mine to stand out from the crowd a little more.
    I personally would rather have the walk through on my rear deck due to the vinyl being slippery when wet.
    Other then the above items listed, I prefer my boat to have tow cover vs the snap on covers. I just don't like the looks of the snaps on my gell.
    I would prefer the removable carpet, or the miner moss type flooring then the permanent stuff. I think the Gator step gets way to hot in the sun, but i do love how clean it looks.

When it comes to must have which is a no brainier on my boat, big stereo, tinted windows, heater, gps, surf system, swivel racks, tandem axles, swing tongue,
    and center bow cushion.

I have had the original Moomba Cruise, the Digital Pro Moomba Cruise, and now GPS and hands down GPS is as important on the boat as the engine.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am five days away from pulling the trigger on a new Mondo, and have been thinking and researching options for a couple of months now, (including starting this thread: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ndo-Spec-Sheet) and here's what I have decided.
    - I am going to have the factory upgrade the stereo, rather than do it myself. I am not sure if this is a smart decision, but made mostly from laziness
    - Surf Package, Pop Up Cleats, Depth Finder, Dual Batteries, Tandem Trailer, and Walkthrough Screen all seem like "no brainer" options.
    - I opted to go with the full sundeck vs. the walthrough. My thought is that if I take care of it, it's not a big deal, and I think I will like look better.
    - I was originally going with fixed racks, but members here have convinced me that the extra money for swivel is worth the investment.
    The two options that I am still debating are a heater and cover. I don't really think I need a heater being in the desert of eastern Washington, but I think it might be worth the investment in the long run. I am still trying to connect with the guy from Evolution Covers to figure out whether I want to have him build a cover for me vs. the factory cover. I will rarely be trailering my boat more than the 150 yards my garage to the boat launch so a cover is not that important to me. I just need something to keep the dust off.
    One last comment on the GPS vs. the Mondo Cruise. The dealer told me that, because I am on the Columbia River, I would be unhappy with the GPS because the river flow would impact the GPS enough that I wouldn't use it.
    Any feedback is welcome.
    Kyle

2016 Mondo

Myself i tend to like classic colors, such as the coffee colors my LSV had, or the Grey and White of my Mojo.
    I'm with ya there mmandley since my MB was mostly white with a little grey and black hull. The flooring is where I need a lot of input with the 2 choices. My carpet still did get pretty hot at Lake Powell and 95 + deg. If the non skid is hotter then I'm all for the carpet, but I guess I need to see the non skid in person. My dealer I think ordered everything so far in carpet.
    GPS for the win!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Default Moomba CRAZ Options & Color

I lean towards carpet. Like Mike mentioned, I like the idea of the miners moss style drop in.

Here are a few pics I snapped of snap in non skid.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Thanks KG! It sure does look clean with the non skid. I think for resale the non skid will hold up better then carpet. I had carpet in my last boat with under 200 hours and it looked beat. Hope somebody can chime in about how hot the non skid gets...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Here is what I came up with and trying to not break the bank with options. Seems I can really go overboard and get almost a $75-$80k boat and that's not in the budget. Let me know what you think...

1.Audio – Package C & D
    2. Canvas – Full cover & Bimini
    4. Engine – Raptor 400 & Water Strainer
    5. Gelcoat – Metal Flake main, Hull upgrade (Classic Pattern) & Black chrome graphic.
    6. Lighting – Interior & Underwater lights
    7. Options – Depth finder, Dual battery, heater, pop up cleats, non skid package, 15x13 prop, swivel racks, Aviator tower white, transom straps, tandem trailer with disc brakes, transom steps with alum plates, seat back kit, bow filler, wind screen, sundeck walk through.
    8. Ballast – Surf package with IBS
    Colors are white deck, white accents, gunmetal flake, black hull & white tower.
    Craz.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba