Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vinyl Match- Post Colors and Sources here

This thread is for sharing your sources for hard to get matching color vinyl. Some colors and products become very hard to get or completely unavailable after a few years. This makes it very hard to do part of an upholstery job without achieving a poor result. If you find a great match, please post a description of the original color, pattern, etc. and your source and info identifying the replacement product. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original: Sandrock (maybe also called Sandrift or Sandstone on other models) on 2008 LSV

Replacement: This is a very close match and hard to distinguish from original but a higher quality naugahyde. Naugahyde Spirit Millenium Bone (US404).

https://www.naugahyde.com/catalog/pa...cfm?iteID=4191

Here is the sample next to an original:

20151223_134902.jpg
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That stuff isn't foamed backed, contact Robert at skier's choice and buy it. They'll give you the original or color that's really close. It's spradling, foam backed, impossible to find..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Re: Vinyl Match- Post Colors and Sources here

Sky grey..

If your only replacing a few pieces you can buy it from skier's choice, ie sundeck replacement, the texture and color will match. If your redoing the whole boat you can do either. I like spradling oem stuff because it's foamed backed. Also remember the color may have faded or be darker with age, I think you want alabaster..
    Last edited by parrothd; 01-22-2016 at 03:40 PM.

First thing I did when I got my boat was replace the upholstery with a quality vinyl. Best move I made and the best advice from the Moomba members.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

2007 outback v. My sundeck (engine hatch is bent, went through the garage while opened) I need to replace it. Where can I get this? I looked under the vinyl and it looks like a honeycomb aluminum sheet. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by csumabat View Post
    2007 outback v. My sundeck (engine hatch is bent, went through the garage while opened) I need to replace it. Where can I get this? I looked under the vinyl and it looks like a honeycomb aluminum sheet. Any help would be much appreciated.

It is, probably very expensive from the dealer. I'd replace it with wood or hdpe plastic it'll weigh more to open but once covered you'll never know.

I'm doing a partial recovering our our 2003 Moomba LSV Official Gravity Games boat vinyl and looking for anyone that knows the best place to get the BLACK, WHITE, and GREY colored vinyl that matches this particular year. Also any assistance with the locating a complete original stickers package that came on this boat. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegnds View Post
    I'm doing a partial recovering our our 2003 Moomba LSV Official Gravity Games boat vinyl and looking for anyone that knows the best place to get the BLACK, WHITE, and GREY colored vinyl that matches this particular year. Also any assistance with the locating a complete original stickers package that came on this boat. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    Do you have any pictures of the vinyl you are looking for? It might be hard to get exact, but a good upholstery shop should be able to do a decent match...

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

These guys have some of the OEM material.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/catalo...q=moomba+vinyl
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

How much did full vinyl replacement cost?