Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My Go Surf Assist install is 500-600 install.
    They are quoting 1500 to remove, repair the gell on the boat. $750 per side basically.

Little more in the repair work then I expected but it is what it is. Quality Glass work isn't cheap.
    Damn, that is a lot! Tell ya what, I'll do the manual flow hull repair for ya for $500! I'll squirt some 3m 5200 quick set in the holes and send you on your way. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank me later!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Damn, that is a lot! Tell ya what, I'll do the manual flow hull repair for ya for $500! I'll squirt some 3m 5200 quick set in the holes and send you on your way. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank me later!
    Why does that sound familiar?

Yea its pricey for the Gell repairs but after the cracks they fixed and the cost of that, I am not surprised and that repair is invisible unless you know the exact location of the repair and look at it from an angle in the shade.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Btw, I was sold on the Wakeland system since it wouldn't void my hull warranty.
    Talked with Tinker today, since SC works with Wake Land it will not void any part of the warranty.

What he said about the Go Surf Assit, it would only void the hull were its mounted, say cracking, leaks from the install. So it won't void your hull warranty, only the stern corners.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Why does that sound familiar?

Yea its pricey for the Gell repairs but after the cracks they fixed and the cost of that, I am not surprised and that repair is invisible unless you know the exact location of the repair and look at it from an angle in the shade.
    haha. I never had to fix the holes I drilled in my Supra! Just sold the boat! (and let him enjoy my awesome surf system!)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Autoflow 2.0 vs. WaveControl (aka GoSurfAssist)

Talked with Tinker today, since SC works with Wake Land it will not void any part of the warranty.

What he said about the Go Surf Assit, it would only void the hull were its mounted, say cracking, leaks from the install. So it won't void your hull warranty, only the stern corners.
    Even better! No way my wife's going to let me do it myself and I like the fact it's OEM. Just sucks I have to drag it 3 hours each way to have it done.
    2013 Mojo

I spoke with Tyler at Wakeland yesterday, he confirmed the aftermarket kit came with the 2nd gen kit so I pulled the trigger through Yacht Club Power Sports. Will update early this season once I've had a chance to get it back on the water.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    I spoke with Tyler at Wakeland yesterday, he confirmed the aftermarket kit came with the 2nd gen kit so I pulled the trigger through Yacht Club Power Sports. Will update early this season once I've had a chance to get it back on the water.
    What boat do you have?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

2013 mojo 2.5
    2013 Mojo

I spoke to Trayson about this already but I will share my concerns for others to think about in this position.

I inquired 3x to Wake Land for info on their system for the Mojo. No one ever returns my emails to them. It doesn't sit will when I can't contact someone like that.

I have been in contact with Wake Makers on this for the last year, trying to decide if I wanted to pull the trigger.

I finally have decided to pull the trigger and went with Wake Makers system. I like the ability to adjust automatically and still has extra manual adjustment to really dial it in. Also pricing for both systems is close enough that isn't a concern. Customer service is pretty huge with me and not only have I been working with WM since they started almost they always return my messages.

Speaking with my dealer AWS, they have also installed a few systems and said it is pretty labor intensive, and you much make sure the hull matches 100% level where the system mounts, so they have to make adapters for some boats.

With all this I decided to go with Go Surf Assist system from WM and yes they are back ordered, seems they are getting pretty popular, mine should arrive with in the next month and be installed shortly after that.

Once its all on and I will do my normal write ups, videos, and thoughts on the system. I expect to be on that task by April.
    I don't want to be Debby downer but I'm curious. You have aprox. $1500 wrapped up into flow plus $1500 for removal and glass/gel repair plus 5k for the new system. That's 8k. Are you anticipating the auto system will be that much of an improvement over flow?
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    I don't want to be Debby downer but I'm curious. You have aprox. $1500 wrapped up into flow plus $1500 for removal and glass/gel repair plus 5k for the new system. That's 8k. Are you anticipating the auto system will be that much of an improvement over flow?
    Your not being a Debbie downer lol

I personally think it will be that much better, plus I expect to run less weight so I'll be selling my Enzo 1500 bags as well.

Also I want a more automated system.

I think on resale this will help hold a little more value. Not a ton but some.
    [COLOR="#696969"]