Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ronix wakesurf maker

Anyone heard anything good or bad about the Ronix wakesurf maker? I have a '13 LSV and I would like to know something about it.

You mean the Ronix Wakesurf Shaper? Haven't heard anything, but $600 seems like an awful lot for what it is.

If you were so inclined to go that way, I would just try the skateboard ramp instead -- see post #57 at https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ght=skateboard -- looks like pretty much the same thing without a few bells and whistles on the Ronix product.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I saw that unit in person at the boat show the other day, looks pretty legit, its light weight and has a bar built into it to attach it to the D ring on your boat so you don't use it.

I think personally if i wanted a surf device that's easy and simple, this would it. Its still small enough to fit under the seats for storage.

yes it costs a lot more then making the ghetto gate but the nice thing about this is the ease of use, its mounts easy, removes easy, stores easy, and it can be re-sold easy as its a 1 fits all deal.

I would contact WakeMakers though and at least get the forum discount.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Ronix wakesurf maker

The Ronix is probably pretty nice, but for $20 for the skateboard ramp, $10 for Velcro and another $5 for safety rope you have the same setup for 95% less. It wouldn't say Ronix all over it but otherwise it doesn't look much different.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Bet you could get a Ronix sticker for $2 on ebay.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    The Ronix is probably pretty nice, but for $20 for the skateboard ramp, $10 for Velcro and another $5 for safety rope you have the same setup for 95% less. It wouldn't say Ronix all over it but otherwise it doesn't look much different.
    This..........
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I understand what y'all are saying.

But if it was my boat, I would get the Ronix, mainly because I just don't want the ghetto gate on my boat lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I just posted about this on the discount thread. I know its a lot of coin and I have been waiting for this to hit the MP site so it will accept my discount code. Well here it is and the cheapest I have found http://www.marine-products.com/eight...rf-shaper.html Make sure to use DFTR2016 before checking out.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

It looks great, but if I can accomplish the same thing with a skate ramp for $20 that's a no brainer for me.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Ok, I understand that you evenly or closely weight the rear but do you add any bow weight?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V