Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Finished the updates on the new SE

Got right to work when it got here from Oregon. It's been done for a while now but I never took many photos. I have a few small touches left before this version is really compete, just some minor LED lighting on the in-boat speakers I think. Came out like this:

3 Exile 30.2 amps - 1 powering each pair of Surf 9's
    3 Pair Surf 9s
    1 Exile 15.4 amp - powers the in boats
    3 Pair Exile sx65m cabins
    1 Exile 20.1 amp - Powers the Sub
    JL 12w7 in a custom built to JL Spec ported box. Resined interior and Line X on the exterior
    Custom built sub facade with custom made cover from Gatorstep to match the flooring.
    Exile ZLD MK II Zone Control
    Dash panel extension to mount ZLD thru to tie it into the dash vs just having it hang
    4 Interstate GC2-XHD 6 volt batteries
    Promariner Pronautic 1250p - 50 amp on board charger
    800w Hard wired inverter with hidden power port

First couple shots are of the finished amp rack. Vinyl covered panel with Plexi over the cutout. LED's around the edging of the Plexi. The panel is mounted to studs on the main rack so it can be easily removed and our of the way for full access to the amps.

All 4 stereo batteries and the 12v crank battery are under this housing.

4 6 Volt batteries requires a mega charger to keep up with the demand that could present itself if we come in completely depleted, which is possible.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Few shots of the In boats with the lights turned on. Still considering adding the LED rings behind the inboats vs wiring them inside the grill of the speaker so the cone is illuminated like the 24 was.

Top right corner, hard wired with a togggle switch to turn on the inverter. We use this a ton to blow up the tube for beach days. Had one in the 24 that was hard wired but under the seat, this is much more user friendly. Weatherproof/Watertight cap seals it off.

Dash panel I made so the ZLD flows with the bottom of the dash. The vinyl is very close to the oem and in person it looks like it flows right into it.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Here is the beast! JL 12w7 Anniversary. To say it moves air is an understatement. I've gotten in trouble a few times for shaking the walls of the house.

Another

And finally....tower of power. Supra made it real easy for the outside pairs, the inner pair required it be drilled and new wire pulled. I had all of the Exile Hardware powdered black so it pretty much disappears. Also, I kept the flag mounts from the 24 cuz you know we gotta fly that Texas Flag!

Front shot

I have a few shots of the amp rack build if anyone is interested in seeing those I'll add them.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I'll go ahead and add em. Spent a lot of time making sure all the wiring was clean and tidy.

This is the sub facade prior to the 12w7. There was a sealed 15" sub behind it. Quickly removed.

Made the template and sent it to gatorstep, they nailed it.

Woah.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Last set
    Internal bracing on a sub that weighs nearly 50 pounds is essential!

After Line X

I handled every single piece of this project myself except fot building the sub box. I wanted it to be built to spec per JL so that every bit of the subs ability could be shown. I know where my skill ends, and this was the end of that road. This box is no joke. Javier at Earmark knocked it out of the park.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Dang, even I hadn't seen all those! Killed it as usual.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Wow! Beautiful.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Nice work Dusty! Looking at the pics makes me want to come to Tx ...when it warms up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive. Awesome job!!!
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Nice planning. Nice execution.

One of the less obvious things is the back side of the amp panel. It looks good but it's much harder when you completely conceal the amplifier wiring to not have a rat's nest behind the panel. And it's some work to have clean service loops so that you can pull the rack out if needed for service without dismantling every wire. Very few people reveal what's behind the amp rack. I appreciate the extra thought and time that went into that.