Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Wake Surf Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    So can I run my Arc amp to the dist block with 4 gauge power and ground then?
    Yes, but I would replace the 4 gauge power and ground wires feeding the block with 1/0 gauge. Looks like you already have a 300 amp fuse on the block, so no need to change that.
    Last edited by jstenger; 01-15-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Yes, but I would replace the 4 gauge power and ground wires feeding the block with 1/0 gauge. Looks like you already have a 300 amp fuse on the block, so no need to change that.
    I have 2 gauge wire to the power block(Pos and Neg) not 4 gauge, I just checked both wires. Should I be OK with the 2 gauge or should I upgrade to 1/0? I only plan on driving 2 tower speakers with the Arc amp and the only things that may change in the future are:

- replace the factory Kicker amp (Kicker DX 200.4) with something bigger
    - add some LED lighting

Sure some other things might come up but those are the only 2 on the horizon.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

If you have an idea of what the potential future current draw might be with that in-boat amp change, then you could go ahead and make that supply cable upgrade now, if you wanted. Just note, the main circuit protection on that supply B+, may also need to be upgraded.