Default 21v Starboard Portside speaker help

Looking to see what others have done for speakers in the stock 6.5 holes my issue is
    I want to put the JL M650 in there but they are to deep and hit the side of the boat easy fix built spacers then as I do that it pushes the speakers to far out and hits the interior trim piece so any help and pictures of your install would be great thanks stock empty holes the JL see how much is under the trim piece

Just an FYI-- when you post photos or links they have to be approved until you get to 10 or 15 posts (Can't remember which it is). Feel free to send a PM to one of us if you need to post more pics before you get there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

When I upgraded my stock Kicker speakers in my LSV to new Kicker speakers I had an issue with the Port front speaker not fitting as nicely as the original. It was hitting the trim on top. I was able to get it placed and just replaced two of the four screws with longer ones. Looks great and sounds great, was a simple fix for me.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

When I upgraded mine as well, the upper screws don't fit. They are designed to be installed before the front interior panel.

If your speaker is so deep its hitting the inside of the actual boat, then you need a spacer, maybe you can make one thin enough to make it fit.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If the speaker rests on the hull enough that putting in the screws sucks the panel up to the speaker, you need to space it out or go with a shallower speaker. If a spacer forces the grill to push on the combing pad, then you need a shallow speaker and not use a spacer. I would not skip any mounting screws. Those thin panels need all 4 screws to support the speaker over time.