Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bimini Top

Quote Originally Posted by AkBurk View Post
    Hi Trayson. What brand of tower is that in your pic? Thx! I'm hoping it's an xtremetowers (XTP). That's what I have and am looking for a Bimini top.
    If I recall they are XTP towers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Trayson, is it below or in front of your tower speakers? Do you recall if its the Medium size?
    2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW

Default New Bimini Top

I have the same tower. Medium sized cargo Bimini and my cargo Bimini is mounted under my XM9s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default New Bimini Top

Best pic I can find quickly.

Looks like they don't roll up into a boot. Either of you have to lower your tower every time for storage? Is it a pain to remove all the time?
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Default New Bimini Top

I remove the fabric only when towing.

The entire unit can be removed in about a minute with the fittings provided.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    If I recall they are XTP towers.
    You're right. I saw a XTP sticker on my tower that I hadn't noticed before.

Quote Originally Posted by zd215 View Post
    Trayson, is it below or in front of your tower speakers? Do you recall if its the Medium size?
    Both. However, the hang height of pretty much any of the typical tower speakers would place them above the trailing edge of the cargo bimini. the frame sits lower than the bows that the boards rest on.

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Looks like they don't roll up into a boot. Either of you have to lower your tower every time for storage? Is it a pain to remove all the time?
    Like Russ, I added the ability to disconnect the string that holds on the bimini cover (A knot and loop at each side). this makes it so I can remove the cover without unthreading the whole string. Way easier. I also added the bungee so I can carry boards with the cover off. I use the frame with no cover 95% of the time and trailer with just the frame. (though I could do short distances with the cover on).

No it doesn't "fold up" like a traditional bimini. It does pivot down on the forward mounts so you can get to boards easier. I'm not sure if you could pivot the bimini while folding the tower or if you'd have to take the bimini off completely. But taking it off is pulling 4 pins and popping the 4 supports out. it's a fairly "quick release" setup. Though I'm lucky that where my boat lives I don't have to drop my tower ever.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

In this pic, you can see how much the frame of the bimini hangs below the speakers. (I have some of the exile buoy balls on top of my tower, with them strapped to the bimini frame to keep them out of the way).

In this pic, the end of the boards stop a little before the rear of the center pods.

So, that's probably MORE than you wanted in pics. hahaha
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Never too many pics, thanks for posting them!
    I have to fold up my bimini sometimes for highway driving to another ramp, is the canvas pretty quick to install/remove? Sounds like you did some sort of mod to make it easier.
    2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW

Quote Originally Posted by zd215 View Post
    Never too many pics, thanks for posting them!
    I have to fold up my bimini sometimes for highway driving to another ramp, is the canvas pretty quick to install/remove? Sounds like you did some sort of mod to make it easier.
    What I found (as well as others) is that it's a little bit of a pain to remove the canvas the way that Monster made it. There is a string that runs though a handful of loops in the edge of the canvas. Imagine 10 to 15 loops that are about 2" long all the way around the canvas that the string runs through. On the front and rear of the canvas, there's a rope ratchet to tighten the canvas on the frame. The problem was that the rope ends up going under both of the arms that mount the bimini frame to the tower. so to remove the canvas, you can to remove the rope from enough of the loops that you could get the canvas off the frame without the rope getting stuck on the arms that attach the frame to the tower.

If you saw it, you'd understand instantly.

The solution to this problem is honestly as simple as cutting the rope on each side of the canvas in between the arms that attach the bimini frame to the tower. that way you only have to remove the rope from a couple of the loops and the canvas comes off/on WAY quicker. Honestly it's not the removal that' the big deal but re-threading the rope through the loops is a bit of a hassle that you wouldn't want to do over and over.

Some people have put little keychain lobster clasps for hooking and unhooking the 2 spots where you cut the rope. But I've had great success with just putting a loop on one end of the rope and a knot on the other end. When the rope is loose, it's easy to slip the knot into the loop, and when the rope is tightened, the knot is enough to keep the rope from coming out of the loop and it keeps it taunt like it's an uncut rope.

I hope that all makes sense. it'd be quicker and easier to explain and do in person and probably would have taken less time to do that it took me to write this all out.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com