Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AugerIn00 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of reply. I had to hit the mountain today.

To answer Deerfield, the boat will be used in Eastern Washington, on the Columbia River. I originally thought that a depth gauge would be a must have option, but after talking to a few people that run the same portion of the river, that they have too many false alarms going off that they would rather not have it. (I suspect due to milfoil, but I didn't clarify)
    Heater is the other option that my wife would like, but I don't see us using it much. We will mostly be using the boat in the heat of the day. My brother has a ski boat that we will be using as the early morning water ski boat, so I don't know how much a heater will benefit us, but we are still considering that option as well.
    mmandley, thanks for the advice on color... I am with you, I have no problem spending the time taking care of my boats. I have been taking care of my fathers 1991 Ski Ray since he bought it brand new, and it's still in stellar shape, even though it lives 100% of its time on the salt water.
    Any additional advice on anything before I pull the trigger in about four weeks would be greatly appreciated.
    Auger,
    Living and boating in the same area as you for 33 years, I would highly recommend a depth gauge as it is worth the weight in props. The best boarding water in some areas is no deeper than 10 feet. The islands all have long underwater rock projections on both ends with some hooking. Half of Potholes Reservoir is six feet or less and the best skiing water around. Use the depth finder to learn the depth and then register the topo in your head so the depth finder is only used to verify depth. People that don't have depth finders never venture to the good water spots as that is why we go there to get away from others and never feel comfortable exploring areas. The heater is used on occasion especially in the early and late season and after dark. On the other extreme, it is nice to have a bimini to get out of the sun. Enjoy the boat as this is a great place for water activities.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Thanks for the insight Moombadaze. I am leaning toward a white hull as well. I would like a little more insight from you guys on swivel racks vs. fixed. What is the main rationale for swivel? Is is more about being able to swivel them in to get them out of the way when mooring or storing? Or is the point to simplify the loading process when out on the water? I don't think I am going to need the swivel for storage, but if you guys tell me that it's worth the upgrade for loading, then I will certainly have to consider spending the money. Sorry for what probably sound like some stupid questions, but I have never owned a wake boat before, and new to wake surfing. I appreciate all the insight.
    Kyle

2016 Mondo

I love the swivel for just the ease of use -- both the wake and surf boards can be a bit cumbersome (especially for kids) and trying to put those in the rack when basically danging over the water can be difficult and lead to dings and scratches on the boards. With the swivel you can comfortably and fully stand in the boat and put the boards in the rack.

For me and my family it was definitely worth the extra expense.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I'm with Mike. We love our swivels. Makes loading so much more easier as well as being out of the way when mooring. They're worth the cost for sure.
    I recommend.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Default 2016 Mondo Spec Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by AugerIn00 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of reply. I had to hit the mountain today.
    First, I appreciate all the advice. I guess I need to spend some time tomorrow talking to an audio shop or two. I expected that spending the money to have the factory install the stereo, vs. taking the new boat to a shop would get me a good system without the hassle of taking it to a secondary shop, but I will do some further investigation.
    Thanks for the tip about having the bow speakers cutout from the factory without ordering the option. That was one of my concerns. I suspect that you need speakers in the bow to make the system sound good, and wanted to make sure I had speakers there, so that's why I chose that option.
    You guys also picked up on my other main question of the walkthrough. My wife fell in love when we saw the tige walkthrough on the outside portion of the sundeck, but it seems that having the walkthrough through the center of the boat kind of eliminates the sundeck being used as a lounge area. Any additional thoughts in this area would be welcome.
    To answer Deerfield, the boat will be used in Eastern Washington, on the Columbia River. I originally thought that a depth gauge would be a must have option, but after talking to a few people that run the same portion of the river, that they have too many false alarms going off that they would rather not have it. (I suspect due to milfoil, but I didn't clarify)
    Heater is the other option that my wife would like, but I don't see us using it much. We will mostly be using the boat in the heat of the day. My brother has a ski boat that we will be using as the early morning water ski boat, so I don't know how much a heater will benefit us, but we are still considering that option as well.
    mmandley, thanks for the advice on color... I am with you, I have no problem spending the time taking care of my boats. I have been taking care of my fathers 1991 Ski Ray since he bought it brand new, and it's still in stellar shape, even though it lives 100% of its time on the salt water.
    Any additional advice on anything before I pull the trigger in about four weeks would be greatly appreciated.
    Good to see another from the Eastside of the state. I live in Spokane and make a few treks yearly down to Lake Roosevelt (Columbia).

As far as your options I would say also ditch stereo and do yourself, shit if you live in Spokane I could hook you up and install it for you. Heater system is cool, but I find mind doesn't get used much, because around here we don't do much spring or fall boating because low humidity and temps drop so fast. Mine came factory with one, but I installed a shower among a zillion other things and the shower is one of my favorite upgrades and can be had for a few hundred if done yourself.

Don't spend the money on bags, stereo, or bolt on items. Swivel racks would be a great idea from factory, but other than that try and go bare bones and spend half or less doing the same upgrades on your own. I'm sure you have some handy friends who would love to help if they wanna ride with ya.

Best of luck man and maybe will run into one another if we boat at the same spots.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Personnaly I could not live without the sun deck walk through, We ride alot 3-4 times a week and that is a ton of traffic across vinyl. Not to mention when we are at the sandbar it is much nicer. The heater has easily extended our season by months. In Wisconsin we rode from April to November. Not to mention the late night cruises with the wife that can be cooler. Throw the bow cover on and the front of the cockpit stays nice and warm. The swivel racks are nice for tie ups etc but if i had to choose between them and a heater it would be the heater all day.

One other thing that you have to special request but are awesome is the transom steps for the trailer. You can get them on the Supra's and you have to ask on the Moomba side. They are incredibly nice for getting in and out when the boat is on the trailer. Well worth the money if you trailer alot. You can see them in this picture
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Finally pulled the trigger on the Mondo at the Seattle boat show this weekend. I appreciate all the help from you guys on choosing my options. I spent about 3K more than I hoped but the advice that I got from the owners here made me realize that it was worth it in the long run. I ended up having the factory put in the stereo. I ended up skipping the heater and the walkthrough, but decided on the swivel racks, depth finder. Again, I appreciate the wisdom of the members here in helping me finalize my decision. If anyone is in the Crescent Bar / Sunland / Vantage area of Eastern Washington this summer, let me know. It would be great to meet some fellow Moomba owners.
    Kyle

2016 Mondo

Congrats! Be sure to post some pics when you bring her home.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Finally pulled the trigger on the Mondo at the Seattle boat show this weekend
    Congrats on the new Mondo! Ours should be built side by side since I should be getting out new Craz early May. I was told SC don't offer build pictures? That's a bummer, my first MB was wrong and I would have picked it out from the build pics. Second boat I got build pics to watch it through and it was perfect and new owner wanted the build pics for himself also.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I've seen a handful of build pics on here, I think it's a matter of making the right contact. Jon Allen posts on the forum, he could most likely tell you if it is possible. Seems like he is always willing to help and has been a nice addition to the forum.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold