Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2016 Mondo Spec Sheet

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2016 Mondo, and was hoping to elicit some opinions on the options and colors that I have chosen from folks that have a bit more experience. This is my first Wake boat, and obviously my first Moomba. Here's my current list of options:

Audio:
    Transom Remote
    Package C – Bow Speakers and Amp
    Package F1 – Four tower speakers

Other Options:
    Cover
    Extended Mirror
    Dual Batteries
    Pop Up Cleats
    Fixed Racks
    Tandem Axle Trailer
    Walkthrough Screen
    Sundeck Walk across
    Autoflow Surf Package

I am leaning toward a classic spray pattern with Brittany Blue main panel and accent, and either a black or white hull.
    My question is whether I am missing some options that I must have, or conversely, have I selected some options that just aren't worth paying for?
    Also, any opinions on the color choices would be most welcomed. I am really struggling with a black vs. white hull.
    I am trying to keep my before tax price to around 60-61K, and I think this list of options will get me in that range.
    Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Auger - In what part of the country are you located and will you be boating on a lake or river? - Deerfield

More options to consider:

heater
    depth gauge
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Swivel racks are a must have in my opinion.

personally i'd ditch the bow and tower speakers and do the stereo upgrades yourself. Allows you to buy what you want and more than likely get better equipment. also I don't like the sundeck walk across. Wife uses the sundeck alot and no shoes policy on the boat saves the vinyl. But that's just us.
    And agree that swivel racks are the way to go.

Good luck and post up pics when you pull the trigger.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I also agree with all that Viking posted.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    personally i'd ditch the bow and tower speakers and do the stereo upgrades yourself. Allows you to buy what you want and more than likely get better equipment. also I don't like the sundeck walk across. Wife uses the sundeck alot and no shoes policy on the boat saves the vinyl. But that's just us.
    And agree that swivel racks are the way to go.

Good luck and post up pics when you pull the trigger.
    Agree with this 100%

The tower system from the factory is lacking for the price they want. You will better off paying a shop after market for the speakers and amp needed.
    Bow speakers are the same, they come pre wired from the factory weather you pay for the upgrade or not. Most shops will install them pretty cheap.

I agree on swivel racks but even then if it keeps you under budget those can be upgraded later as well.

Hull color, if you want low key looking and don't mind A lot of extra work go with Black, but if you live in a hard water area, lots of minerals in the water, or just don't want to spend at least an hour each time you go out, and a few hours extra a month on cleaning black, then go with White.

I think in the long run Resale will be easier on Blue and White then Blue and Black. White is easier to keep clean, will take less upkeep to look clean and in the end when resale comes it will appeal to more people.

Blue and Black looks excellent but its a lot more work to make it look new all the time.

Personally I would go Blue and Black though, but I am pretty diligent on cleaning my boat every outing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Thanks for the help

Sorry for the lack of reply. I had to hit the mountain today.
    First, I appreciate all the advice. I guess I need to spend some time tomorrow talking to an audio shop or two. I expected that spending the money to have the factory install the stereo, vs. taking the new boat to a shop would get me a good system without the hassle of taking it to a secondary shop, but I will do some further investigation.
    Thanks for the tip about having the bow speakers cutout from the factory without ordering the option. That was one of my concerns. I suspect that you need speakers in the bow to make the system sound good, and wanted to make sure I had speakers there, so that's why I chose that option.
    You guys also picked up on my other main question of the walkthrough. My wife fell in love when we saw the tige walkthrough on the outside portion of the sundeck, but it seems that having the walkthrough through the center of the boat kind of eliminates the sundeck being used as a lounge area. Any additional thoughts in this area would be welcome.
    To answer Deerfield, the boat will be used in Eastern Washington, on the Columbia River. I originally thought that a depth gauge would be a must have option, but after talking to a few people that run the same portion of the river, that they have too many false alarms going off that they would rather not have it. (I suspect due to milfoil, but I didn't clarify)
    Heater is the other option that my wife would like, but I don't see us using it much. We will mostly be using the boat in the heat of the day. My brother has a ski boat that we will be using as the early morning water ski boat, so I don't know how much a heater will benefit us, but we are still considering that option as well.
    mmandley, thanks for the advice on color... I am with you, I have no problem spending the time taking care of my boats. I have been taking care of my fathers 1991 Ski Ray since he bought it brand new, and it's still in stellar shape, even though it lives 100% of its time on the salt water.
    Any additional advice on anything before I pull the trigger in about four weeks would be greatly appreciated.

I would add the heater, if mammas not happy no one is happy. If you park in a 10' slip or invite people with their own equipment get the swivel racks for the bottom mounts and fixed for the top.

I'll echo what others have said for the most part. I'd go white hull, stereo delete, swivel racks, heater. If you are wanting a mooring cover I'd also go with Evolution rather than factory, assuming you can wait a few months to get it. Can't wait to see pics of your new boat!

ive had two white hull's and one black hull LSV, black looks sexy but shows everything-even trailer bunks leave marks. Will never have non white hull boat again.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart