Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default IBS on an Outback venting ??s

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if I can get away with venting my IBS bag thru my attwood aerator drain pump or wether Ill need to install another thru hull. Thanks in advance
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

No. If it is a drain pump, then it is at a bottom port. The vent needs to be on a top vent.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

That makes sense. Thanks Joe, I was hoping I wouldnt have to take the drill to the side of the boat but I guess thats the next step.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI

There are how to's on the forum for drilling holes. I also think there is a youtube video from Wakemakers.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Why not run a line from the top if the bag up to the drain line near where it exits through the hull? Install a "Y" in the line and add a check valve. The bag will vent through the existing thru hull fitting and the check valve will keep water from going back down the vent side while draining.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane, thought about this but currently the drain shares the same thru hull as the bilge pump-both with check valves. I was afraid of adding the vent to this thru hull also, but any reason why I couldnt? As long as it also has a check valve? Currently the IBS bag just has the cap style vent plug in it and its a PITA. I was hoping to get away from this.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI

Default IBS on an Outback venting ??s

Drilling a new hole and sealing is not bad.

I'm assuming you do not have a center bag. On my boat, I have 2 thru-hulls on the front starboard side. One for the center bilge pump. The other is the vent for the center and front bags. Used the Y-connector for both bags.

You are right about the cap-style vent plugs. Pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I added a second thru hull up front when I did my mini-IBS. That was just because my front bag drains thru the original one and I wanted to be able to drain both at the same time (I put a dedicated drain pump on one leg of the IBS.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply, guys. @MJHsupra, no I dont have a center bag.I guess Ill be drilling a new thru hull in the spring. I will use the new thru hull for the IBS drain and vent inline with a Tee. The old (factory) thru hull will be a dedicated bilge pump out. I never really liked the idea of the bilge sharing a thru hull with a check valve on the bilge output line...kinda sketchy.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI

Ok guys, time to add to this thread. Over winter I have created a list of things I wanted to do to get this boat the way I wanted it.
    My list as follows:
    Install IBS with switch and new sprinkler valve headder
    Install stainless thru hulls adding one more for integrated IBS
    Install storage netting under gunwales much the same idea as Vikings old OB
    Finish new swim platform which I built off Traysons design.

So far, I removed the plumbing I had started in the fall (see above posts), built a new ballast manifold and added a new ballast fill/empty switch on the dash. All of my switches were in use and I didnt feel like changing them up or piggybacking like others have done, so I decided to put the new switch where the horn button was and relocate the horn button. One problem with this is the factory horn button. It is ugly and just wont do, so I picked up one of these: http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...DK0QMwgiKAcwBw

I will install it on the ignition panel as there is way more room over there. If someone can chime in and tell me how to post pics from my samsung phone, my next post will come complete with pictures.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI