Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Mojo Sub addition

I used regular 3/4" Birch, and sealed all the seams with Liquid Nails. I then painted the whole box inside and out with a few good cotes of oil based paint. Finished the front with felt, sprayed with a clearcote, to match the factory carpet.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    The front is sitting/fastened on the foot rest, back just enough so I could put the carpet panel backup. One back corner is sitting/fastened on an L bracket that I fastened the hull support. This may have been enough support, but I made a leg that went to floor for the other corner. Took the speaker grill off and fastened it to the carpet panel where I cut the hole to align with the speaker. It is a little off center due to the space limitation and taking advantage of the hull support.
    How did you attach the leg? I've got my sub enclosure resting on the edge of the kick panel and I have a metal strap running from the back of the box to part of the boat for support but I still want some leg support. I have a crazy idea using some hinges but that might be a little to much MacGyver.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I have installed many car stereo amps and subwoofers but new to boats. I have heard that under helm is best location for a sub. Any suggestions on the box enclosure, size that fits best there, or pictures to help me?

Thanks
    I have a Mondo, but I could fit 4 10s under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Brett, what's the box situation behind the 4 subs? All in one box? Independent boxes? Sizes?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Brett, what's the box situation behind the 4 subs? All in one box? Independent boxes? Sizes?
    I believe they are each in their own chamber. Can't remember exactly the size but it's pretty big. I didn't loose any foot room & being low wattage subs they hit extremely hard and are very clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Has anyone used azack sheets for building the box? I fear water will get to the wood even with all the clear coat and paints, unless you fiber glass it it is susceptible to water. This azack is 3/4 thick and very rigid, and all composite.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

The issue with those materials, if finding a glue/caulk/sealer that will stick to it, making air tight seams. Its all about how the wood enclosure is constructed and installed.