Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mojo Sub addition

I have installed many car stereo amps and subwoofers but new to boats. I have heard that under helm is best location for a sub. Any suggestions on the box enclosure, size that fits best there, or pictures to help me?

Thanks
    2017 Supra SA

I would remove the fiberglass kick panel.

There is screws holding it down in the cup holder. Then you can unbolt it from the floor and remove it.

I have a Exile Big 15 under mine in a box. Lots of room.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I would remove the fiberglass kick panel.

There is screws holding it down in the cup holder. Then you can unbolt it from the floor and remove it.

I have a Exile Big 15 under mine in a box. Lots of room.
    That is a big sub! I will check it out. How many watts are you sending to it?
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    That is a big sub! I will check it out. How many watts are you sending to it?
    Honestly not to sure, 2K+ at 1 ohm
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I've been thinking about doing the same thing and have the same boat as you so I'll be interested to see what you decide and how it goes.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

I was just going to throw my 12 inch kicker sub in an enclosure and throw it in the bow storage area on the starboard side up under the instrument panel.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Some have put the sub above the kick panel, a 12 should fit there , otherwise remove the panel and put sub in its place tons of pics in the audio section.

I have the exile 12idvc with 1500 and it has plenty of bass for me.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Mojo Sub addition

2013 LSV with fiberglass foot panel cut out to give you an idea. It is a side ported enclosure with a 12" DVC Exile and powered with a Javelin.

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

The best woofer, is the one executed properly. Having said that, I would first start by opening up that cavity and taking some rough dimensions. Take into account, how much leg room you are willing to give up. This will give you an idea of what the max gross enclosure dimensions can be. Armed with that, you can begin to narrow down enclosure type, as in sealed or ported, and what woofer brand/model, will work best in those scenarios.

Some things to consider, when choosing a woofer. Composite cone over one thats in any way made of cellulose (paper pulp). A tip off are words like "hybrid". They typically indicate a paper based cone with a laminate layer of some kind on the front side. This leaves the back of the woofer open to the elements. Rubber surround. Sealed magnet. A composite or aluminum basket is good. No issue really with a stamped steel, as long as its got a quality power coating over a cheap black paint as you might find on a price point car audio woofer.

once the woofer is chosen, then match it to a solid amp and construct a quality enclosure, done.

20150329_123813.jpg

I made a custom box with these pioneer 10'. They require only .8 sqft. For a sealed enclosure. They are inexpensive and hit very hard!

20150329_123813.jpg
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)