Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

fyi, buddy at work is also shopping for his 2011 dodge ram 4dr 4x4 that sits on factory 20's. he was quoted $790 for costco bridgestone 80k mile tires. they are really an oversize car tire meaning it's not a deep lug aggressive tread design that those with lifted trucks want. he has to pay up front and they show up 3 days later.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

just put tires on my Ram, went with hankook dynapro at's, very pleased with them so far.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I looked hard at the Toyo AT II Extremes but they were fairly new still; had pretty solid reviews, just not a lot of them. They have the aggressive look but better road manners and life(?) than the big deep lugs of MTs. Next time around I think it will be those - not cheap though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Just put Toyo Open Country H/T's on my wife's SUV. Great all season ratings and so far impressed with the ride and lack of road noise.
    We will see how they hold up over time and do in the snow.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

My pic is normally the Toyo Open Country as well, little more pricey, also the BF Goodwrinch AT KO series. Those were awesome tires on I had on my 06 F150, great in all weather conditions.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Every manufacturer's tires have similar internal construction. Speed rating dictates whether nylon edge wraps or continuous spiral nylon wraps are added in addition to the 2 steel belts. The secret is in the blending of rubber compounds. Just the tread can be 4 or more different rubber compounds depending on the type of tire. Manufacturer's rubber blending recipes are closely guarded secrets. If your new tires have different color markings on the sidewall, the red circle should be aligned with the valve stem in the rim.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    Every manufacturer's tires have similar internal construction. Speed rating dictates whether nylon edge wraps or continuous spiral nylon wraps are added in addition to the 2 steel belts. The secret is in the blending of rubber compounds. Just the tread can be 4 or more different rubber compounds depending on the type of tire. Manufacturer's rubber blending recipes are closely guarded secrets. If your new tires have different color markings on the sidewall, the red circle should be aligned with the valve stem in the rim.

VA LSV you sound like you could work at a tire plant we supply parts to.

The insight, guidance, and opinions are greatly appreciated. Budget is pointing to the first week of January for set of new tires for the truck. Will circle back to let you know what I bought and how much I paid. Thanks, guys!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Please do, I am shopping online for tires now too. I have been attempting to find some dealer takeoffs (even tires and rims) for a good deal. Too bad that I don't have a GM wheel pattern as I have seen 2 great deals on them.

I am looking at Discovery AT3, BFG KO2, for the price point. Toyo and Bridgestone Revos look good, but not +$200-300 more.

Also, I am wanting to plus size the tires to fill the wheel well a little more. Current 275/65/18. I am looking at 275/70 or 285/70 sizes. More choices in 20's for these sizes.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    VA LSV you sound like you could work at a tire plant we supply parts to.
    patrick232, used to do automation and controls for Yokohama Tire. Their Geolander H/T is a great tire.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI