Default help on choosing tower speakers

I've got an 08 mobius lsv with the stock kicker speakers and sub woofer. I want to get speakers for my wake tower so I can hear the music while surfing..I have no clue on what to get in order to clearly hear everything while behind the boat. There are so many options and specifics that I don't understand. (Was never a good at audio, just like my music loud )

Does anyone have any sugesstions? I was thinking about a total of 4 speakers but don't know if I should get some with tweeters and subs or just a standard marine style car speaker. I do like a little bass but don't want to drown any music out. I listen to everything from country to dance to metal. \m/

Anyone's suggestions and what youre blasting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

You wont get any true bass out of a tower speaker, but going with the largest speaker will yield the most mid-bass depth and output. Something like a single pair of Wet Sounds Rev-10 and Syn-4 setup is top of the food chain. Next up, you can do 2 pair of 8" coaxials like the Wet Sounds Icon-8, Kicker KM8LCW or the new JL 8.8 tower pods. Paired with a 2 chnl like a Syn-2 or Arc KS300.2 is a solid surf setup. All three of these offer a black and white pod option. Wet Sounds and JL offer both fixed and swivel clamping options. The Wet Sounds and Kicker pods allow for the wires to be hidden, not sure on the JL.

Tower speakers are a pay now or pay later situation in my experience. I would narrow to Exile and Wetsounds then do some research. Good luck!

I have two pair of Wetsounds Rev 8's and they are crystal clear at 80 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pick up the 4 icon8's for sale here. I have that setup on my boat and for surfing, really like them. they are much more musical than the rev8's imo. know tho that they are not the best speakers for wakeboard distance. if you want both surf and board distance, rev8's, or if your budget can swing, rev10's.

I am running off the same arc amp mla mentions and they rock.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I went wetsounds Rev10's with SD2 amp and couldn't be happier.
    No matter what you get now is the time to buy if you jump on black friday sale(s).
    Earmark Marine has a 25% off sale this friday on all gear that can save you some major coin.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have 4 XM9s on a 30.2 and it's an awesome setup. I love the sound, even up close they aren't too harsh for me. Give those a good look along with what others are recommending.

Love my Exile setup on the tower. Had for several years but still going strong. Can't argue with excellent customer service either.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    pick up the 4 icon8's for sale here. I have that setup on my boat and for surfing, really like them. they are much more musical than the rev8's imo. know tho that they are not the best speakers for wakeboard distance. if you want both surf and board distance, rev8's, or if your budget can swing, rev10's.

I am running off the same arc amp mla mentions and they rock.
    When you say pick the 4 icon 8s for sale here where are you talking about? I see a pair of icon8 aND a wetsounds amon for 950 at my local shop..do you think a pair is good for surfing? Don't have any wake board friends so I don't need 80 ft but if I do get into it you think a pair is fine for that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Leirhiht View Post
    When you say pick the 4 icon 8s for sale here where are you talking about? I see a pair of icon8 aND a wetsounds amon for 950 at my local shop..do you think a pair is good for surfing? Don't have any wake board friends so I don't need 80 ft but if I do get into it you think a pair is fine for that too?
    I think someone has 4 for sale on the forum....search the classifieds section.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...