Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Electric Paint Sprayers

Here is what I would buy:
    http://www.portlandcompressor.com/st...r-special.aspx

The prices are closer if you add more hose and a better gun to the x5. Look at the specs, the x5 only supports a .015 tip vs .021. Even the battery powered graco unit supports a .017 tip.
    What you want to look at is the fluid section. The x5 doesn't have a machined billet cylinder with piston that is serviceable. Latex paint is extremely coarse, it will destroy the inexpensive fluid section on the x5 over time. The one I linked will last a lifetime. The x5 is a disposable pump, once it quits working the cost to repair the fluid section will outweigh completely replacing it. The one I linked can be rebuilt with a $40 kit, it can pump several thousand gallons of paint on a single rebuild.
    Here are some pics I took of various fluid sections, or lack of. You can see where the extra money is spent in the construction of the pumps. Will the cheap pump work great for a while, sure, but for a bit more investment up front you can buy a pump with nicer gun, more hose, that will last forever. One of the reasons the x5 is difficult to clean is its cheap design.

-Jake

I bought a cheap Wagner airless sprayer 10 years ago. Used it a few times, not overly impressed.

1. Huge pain to clean up - for smaller jobs takes almost as long to clean as it did to paint.
    2. If you have little experience with spraying - start somewhere you don't care about - because it takes some practice to avoid runs..
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Buddy manages the PPG paint store in town. Borrow the airless when I need it. Have to buy my paint from him though-- only fair.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well thanks for ideas and such guys. Thats what I was looking for.

On a rare chance I think you actually saved me money.

I am just going to go with the Floetrol

I think in the long run it will be easier to just brush paint everything I need right now. I really don't need over spray on everything else, I am sure not moving the furniture out, and since I bought Claudia a new dinning room table and living room furniture I don't need pain spray on those either LOL.

I might have to revisit this next Spring / Summer, as I might need to paint an entire house that's empty.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Cheaper to borrow one of mine.
    -Jake

if you were here, Id gladly give you my wagner power roller. it's a real pos and benson mentioned, takes longer to clean than to actually use and it gets paint EVERYWHERE.

go with a pro unit if you feel the need. otherwise rent or roll
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I did my whole house when I built this time last year. I use an X7. I also bought a tip for trim. A lot of money and I didn't see any great difference. I found a lot of overspray, prep, and cleanup using a sprayer. If I were doing trim, I would invest in good paint and a couple of excellent brushes. There are a lot of good paint edging devices out there for cheap too.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier