Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I think the old ski locker pad was a version of miner moss, the stuff these guys are referring to is a lot thicker. IDK if you have been in a boat with this miner moss type stuff, can't recall the industry name, but its a lot thicker. Padded feeling and wicks water away really well.

The reason the ski locker got so nasty was because it didn't drain water out very well. It was part of the bilge so it always had water sloshing back and forth. Plus with the bag in the locker it would hold wetness in. Same thing the bags do in the V drives now with carpet.

I spent time time in a Tige with the miner moss stuff and its pretty legit.

I want to do miners moss instead of my snap carpet this coming summer due to the lab. Even though I can remove my carpet now, its still pretty hard to clean. I can take a pressure washer to it but due to its water wicking ability, it doesn't really let the hair pressure wash off. I end up using the house vac to really clean it.

I really want something I can remove spray off, spray the boat out and its clean again.

I like the Seadeck ideas as well but it scuffs and removing it is a real pain if you need to replace a section. Plus in the last few years it seems Seadeck has gotten a pretty bad customer reputation. The new gator mat or what ever they call it SC and everyone is using now that is on the swim decks, and gunnels. I really like it but man that will burn the piss out of you in the sun.
    I would think chips, cracker crumbs peanuts etc would get stuck in it
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I would think chips, cracker crumbs peanuts etc would get stuck in it
    Not with a 90lb Lab.

We call him the snoofer vac. His nose sucks everything up.

But the stuff is removable so remove it spray it out from the back side. The mesh is not as tight as you think. Miner moss is just a nickname, not as fine as gold catching miner moss
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Deckadence is the name of the mat that was an option on the Tige's and Centurions. I know some manufacturers dropped it as an option due to their lack of ability to meet supply demands. But you can custom order for any application and just need to make a template if they don't already have one.

I custom ordered one for my new boat and will never go back to carpet. I had the option to order my boat with the non-skid flooring and fineline uses gatorstep now. I think SC does too? But opted for the base snap carpet knowing I was going to replace with a Deckadence mat. The non-skid flooring looks good but concerned about dirt and grime collecting around the edges and wanted something removable that I can spray off. The Deckadence is alot thicker than the DIY jobs I've seen and has a non-skid backing. Debri and water just filters right through it and very very soft on your feet.

The down side - its on the expensive side. But to me it's been worth every penny and imo really has held up to the hype.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Deckadence is the name of the mat that was an option on the Tige's and Centurions. I know some manufacturers dropped it as an option due to their lack of ability to meet supply demands. But you can custom order for any application and just need to make a template if they don't already have one.

I custom ordered one for my new boat and will never go back to carpet. I had the option to order my boat with the non-skid flooring and fineline uses gatorstep now. I think SC does too? But opted for the base snap carpet knowing I was going to replace with a Deckadence mat. The non-skid flooring looks good but concerned about dirt and grime collecting around the edges and wanted something removable that I can spray off. The Deckadence is alot thicker than the DIY jobs I've seen and has a non-skid backing. Debri and water just filters right through it and very very soft on your feet.

The down side - its on the expensive side. But to me it's been worth every penny and imo really has held up to the hype.
    Thats that I wanted to get, I contacted SC and they don't make them for my Mojo. I been looking to see who I need to contact to get it bought. I am really not worried about cost, to me its more important to be happy lol. I haven't ordered anything yet, just have the factory snap carpet and like I said above I love it, but its a pain to keep clean. At least the level of clean I like my boat at.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Line X instead of carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have the dark gray hydroturf (it matches the carpet very well) and on the hottest days it got a tiny bit hot. But I had one of those 'stream machine' water guns in my boat and just wet it down with water and it was fine.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...320_203904.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V...319_210205.jpg
    Is your interior metal flake blue? How? Is the outside too!?
    2013 Outback V

I think it is a vinyl wrap.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Is your interior metal flake blue? How? Is the outside too!?
    Yes, I got some metalflake vinyl wrap. The plus side is that it's affordable and looks awesome when it sparkles in the sun. The down side is that it's a metallic backing that is behind the vinyl so unlike traditional vinyl wraps it DOES NOT STRETCH. so this means that it's pretty much impossible to get a wrinkle free installation. I did pretty good, but there's no way someone would be happy with it if they're Type A and have to go over any kind of sloped part of the hull. The seat base was mostly straight, so I pulled that off pretty well.

I also added a strip of blue metal flake vinyl to the blue that was above my rub rail. that part was a lot more prone to the creases.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Thats that I wanted to get, I contacted SC and they don't make them for my Mojo. I been looking to see who I need to contact to get it bought. I am really not worried about cost, to me its more important to be happy lol. I haven't ordered anything yet, just have the factory snap carpet and like I said above I love it, but its a pain to keep clean. At least the level of clean I like my boat at.
    Mike I can pm or email you the contact info. if you like? Use your snap carpet to make a template on a sheet of plastic. That's what I did for starters and then adjusted from there. They have a couple videos describing the best way to make a template for perfect fit.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I appreciate all of the pics and links. I had seen Kane and Trayson's handy work. Both quite well done as others have been.

My desire for the bedliner is mostly for an aesthetic base. A quick drying super tough finish. However I will be covering the walking areas with the Miner's Moss I referred to earlier. From what I can see of the Deckadence, it appears to be very similar if not the same.

At this moment I am still removing everything and I mean everything from the interior.

The color of the bedliner will be a medium to light grey so that would theoretically keep the temps down but it should be a moot point with the MM down. I never wear shoes no matter the season. I just hate shoes. Feet are tough.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yes, I got some metalflake vinyl wrap. The plus side is that it's affordable and looks awesome when it sparkles in the sun. The down side is that it's a metallic backing that is behind the vinyl so unlike traditional vinyl wraps it DOES NOT STRETCH. so this means that it's pretty much impossible to get a wrinkle free installation. I did pretty good, but there's no way someone would be happy with it if they're Type A and have to go over any kind of sloped part of the hull. The seat base was mostly straight, so I pulled that off pretty well.

I also added a strip of blue metal flake vinyl to the blue that was above my rub rail. that part was a lot more prone to the creases.

trayson whats that hatch for in the middle?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold