Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

So I have been out on the boat for the last 2 days. The carpet is great. It appears to feel dry as soon as the water runs thru.

It feels good on the feet too ( I did not like it on my knees during the install, however I hate getting on my knees, a moving blanket worked though

I do see an issue with the adhesive in the motor compartment area. Due to the heat and high humidity the carpet that is rolled over, the edge keeps wanting to come loose. I originally was thinking of using a thin strip of stainless that had holes every 6 or so inches and attach it with screws. I will most likely implement that. Similar to the way I captured the carpet on the panels. I think the heat will work against any glues available.

The seat base is the real surprise. It works fantastic. Unfortunately everyone in the boat needs one or you dont enjoy the benefit as the others in the boat will not survive.

Did I mention I hate lakes with trees under the water?
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

How do you think it would do with dog hair?

Default Line X instead of carpet?

I don't think dog hair would be any worse than anything else. The flooring will need to be vacuumed due to its construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

did you make that cooler fit there or did it come like that?

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Dead bodies????

Oh wait, that's what the basement storage locker is for!

It's the in floor cooler. it's not huge, a little over 1' x 2' I'd guess. We'll often put a bag in there and use it for a trash compartment. Or if we use the under seat cooler we'll use this as the in floor cooler for when we have lots of people. It can actually fit a decent amount. definitely a case of water and a case of beer and lots of ice. It has a hole that drains into the bilge that I got a cork for.

It stretches out twice the width of the opening that you see here:

here's a pic of the storage area with the panel removed. the cooler is molded into the panel. Don't the newer XLV's have this? what do they use that space for instead???

Our primary cooler is our Coleman Party Stacker that goes under the port seat:
    2009 moomba mobis
    working on ballast system
    working on a surf setup
    1992 ski nautique (dont hate)

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That Looks Great. I'm assuming you didn't have a need to glue any of the seams due to covering each panel separately?
    If trying to get a one piece that lays in and removable I'd think you need to glue seams and get rubber backing.
    I think the route you went is what I would have done on the DD.
    The stuff is the best on your feat and I don't think you will ever regret your decision! Expensive or not the stuff is worth it.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet