Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Interesting....in this in OR? If so, how low do the temps get?

My floats are full of foam (expanded polystyrene). I contacted the vendor of the floats to ask them the same questions I posed here and of course they wouldn't commit but did say that some of their customers have kept the floats in icy conditions with no issues.
    Yes this is in OR. The temps get into single numbers during the winter. The lake is a hard freeze and people run snowmobiles on it. After the lake has frozen we some times walk out too the dock and try to remember what summer is like.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

You could always buy a windmill like this:

https://www.pondaeration.com/

I used to have a one acre pond, and I had one of these. In the summer, I left the bubbler in the middle. In the winter, I moved the bubbler under the dock. Never had an issue with ice under the dock.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

if you have electric to the dock, I would use these to prevent the freeze.
    http://www.thepondreport.com/store/t...r-deicer-kasco

picey

otherwise pull the docks, finding some young bucks to pull it and stack it will be much less that the bubbles and they will be safe.

the ice will crush it, push it pull it etc and you will have problems in the spring
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold