Default Artificial wave pool - Surf Snowdonia

I just saw some video of a newly opened wave pool in Snowdonia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj_Ul6lr9PQ. Red Bull just hosted a pro surf competition there, the first ever on man made waves. I'm no expert, but this is best artificial wave I've seen. Something like this could be huge in places like Rocky Mountain states that are full of high-action sport people but lack ocean waves.

Related to an earlier thread about learning to surf in the ocean, I would guess that you could learn to surf there without having to paddle! Then you could learn to paddle as a separate lesson.

For those not familiar with Snowdonia, it is a bit of a hidden gem. It is located in Wales in a really beautiful and mountainous area. The mountains aren't huge but they provide lots of good hiking, mountain biking and such that can't be found in many places in the UK.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I would do anything to have one of these close by lol. That's a great wave. I'd love to try it.

Or what would be even better.... Having one of those endless wave generators at my house! haha
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Default Artificial wave pool - Surf Snowdonia

Sweet! When I become a gazillionaire, I want one in my backyard. Then when I done surfing, I can go bass fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Hell that would be great on the Texas coast!
    I am not sure about paddling lessons after though. I was a whitewater kayaker for years, cant imagine getting out in some of the waters I went thru without being a strong swimmer. By the way life jackets dont work in heavily aerated water.
    I cant imagine the electric bill for this wave making device.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

And you don't have worry about being eaten by a shark

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2007 Moomba Outback V