Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just finished installing the lmf-200. Installation couldn't have been easier. However, I won't know well the unit works until spring. It would be really nice to find an interface that would convert the Indmar engine info (AMDL format?) and/or the perfect pass speed info into the NMEA 2000 format to feed the display.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiKY
    I just finished installing the lmf-200. Installation couldn't have been easier. However, I won't know well the unit works until spring. It would be really nice to find an interface that would convert the Indmar engine info (AMDL format?) and/or the perfect pass speed info into the NMEA 2000 format to feed the display.
    So much information, just different networks/format. Hate it.

Where did you mount the gauge?
    Was thinking of dropping the fuel gauge out (since its worthless anyway) and hanging it below the dash as a fall back.

The different info formats is a bummer, if there was a way to get the engine to speak NMEA 2000 the fuel flow could be read straight from the engine.

I dropped the fuel gauge out, put the wake plate gauge in place of the fuel gauge and put the lmf in place of the wake plate gauge. That way, the dash is still filled with matching OEM gauges and the lmf is off to the side by itself.

The power to the depth gauge was originally piggy-backed off the posts of the fuel gauge so I just moved the depth gauge power wires to the next closest gauge with available power posts. I also used that ignition power post to supply the power to the NMEA 2000 network backbone. Keep in mind, since you will be supplying power to the network backbone you should not hook up the power supply to the lmf gauge itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-

I'm going to go with the Lowrance unit. Found the Gauge and sensor for $109 online. Need to pick up some various components for the base network backbone.
    Where did you find the setup online?

Quote Originally Posted by rbc_racing
    Found the Gauge and sensor for $109 online. Need to pick up some various components for the base network backbone.
    Where did you find the setup online?
    $119 today. They seem to fluctuate a lot
    http://shop.sailnet.com/product_info...ducts_id/29569

Cabalas is $89 + $34 = $123
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...at=lowrancenet
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...at=lowrancenet

You still need to build a backbone system.
    Most of the EP sensors come with a T Connector in the box.
    But you will need a terminator and a power term cable for the other end and whatever length cable you need to reach down into the engine compartment.

I'm interested in seeing SkiKY's part list and his costs.

I received the lmf-200 that comes with the ep-10 as a gift so I'm not sure what was paid. I think it was bought from www.sailnet.com The information on what comes in the box is non-existant so I was very surprised to find ALL of the necessary electronics were included- two tees, 25' backbone, terminal resistor and the backbone power supply.

The only things I had to pick up were a short length of 3/8" fuel line and a pair of barbed adapters to convert the 1/2" Moomba fuel line to the 3/8" ep-10 size and back again to 1/2". www.plumbingsupply.com sells the barbed fittings as a one piece adapter for about $4 each.

I received the lmf-200 that comes with the ep-10 as a gift so I'm not sure what was paid. I think it was bought from www.sailnet.com The information on what comes in the box is non-existant so I was very surprised to find ALL of the necessary electronics were included- two tees, 25' backbone, terminal resistor and the backbone power supply.

The only things I had to pick up were a short length of 3/8" fuel line and a pair of barbed adapters to convert the 1/2" Moomba fuel line to the 3/8" ep-10 size and back again to 1/2". www.plumbingsupply.com sells the barbed fittings as a one piece adapter for about $4 each.
    Glad to hear that the backbone is in the box.
    Makes it an even better deal.
    Was having a terrible time find the terminators and power terms packaged individually. Ordered the set from sailenet.com. Should be able to have it in before spring break.

Also thanks for the adapter link. Will save some time.

Also thanks for the adapter link. Will save some time.
    Adapters came today.
    Hope to see the gauge later this week.

I have to put up the steel 'boat' port before I can delve into installing it all.
    Will take photos and doc the install process when I do.

If you want to piggy-back the power off one of the existing guage posts be sure to have a few crimp on ring terminals handy.

Anyone experience with an fuelflow meter on an MPI engine? Because there isn't a fuel retour line it must be possible. But what sensor can handle the 60 psi pressure, that is the million $$ question.