Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flowscan on Moomba

Was wondering if anyone else had installed Floscan equipment on their ski boats.
    My grandfather had some on his fishing cruiser.

On my 06 Outback, I run anywhere from 2.1 gph (skiing/kneeboarding) to 6.8 gph (tubing). With the shallow tanks, the guage is about worthless. At E I have another 10-13 gallons in her.

So with all that in mind, I'm considering the Series 5500. Runs around $360 but depending on the fuel pump, may need the dampner.
    Then I have to deal with a mounting location as well.

Default Replying to Topic 'Flowscan on Moomba'

*bump*

Waiting to hear back from Indmar.
    Anyway, continuing to research.

Looked at the LowranceNet solutions. Just for the fuel flow meter will come in at same price and have the option to add level/temp sensors in the future.

Default Replying to Topic 'F

I am ordering the lowrance LMF-200. It has a fuel flow meter that attaches to your fuel line. You calibrate it with the tank size and then fine tune it when you fill it up. It gives your fuel usage rate and calculates your tank level. I think it's calculation should be way more accurate than my gas guage. It shows empty when I still have half a tank. The level sensor for the LMF-200 attached to your existing float, so it would be useless.

Let us know how things workout.

Dave

Originally posted by gotmyboat
    I am ordering the lowrance LMF-200. It has a fuel flow meter that attaches to your fuel line. You calibrate it with the tank size and then fine tune it when you fill it up. It gives your fuel usage rate and calculates your tank level. I think it's calculation should be way more accurate than my gas guage. It shows empty when I still have half a tank. The level sensor for the LMF-200 attached to your existing float, so it would be useless.

Dave
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    Yeah, saw that the fuel level sensor would be about worthless on the tank.
    Oil Level, Fuel Flow, Temp sensors and the option to add GPS in the future is whats appealing to me over the FloScan. I didnt' see a shoot through hull transducer though. If go this route, would like to replace the one I just put on. Wife will love that decision.

Also, not NMEA 2000 pc interface solutions though? I see 0189 conversion interfaces.

Careful when you are researching the fuel flow meters. It's hard to find hard facts on the Indmar systems so I may not be 100% accurate, but I understand that the fuel injection systems pulls extra fuel and returns it back to the fuel tank to cool the injectors. If the meters don’t measure and net-out the fuel returned to the tank, the meter may not be of much more utility than the stock one (hence the note on the 5500 about requiring a close fuel system). They do make the sensors with return line monitors but the price generally doubles.
    2006 Outback V

Originally posted by SkiKY
    Careful when you are researching the fuel flow meters. It's hard to find hard facts on the Indmar systems so I may not be 100% accurate, but I understand that the fuel injection systems pulls extra fuel and returns it back to the fuel tank to cool the injectors. If the meters don’t measure and net-out the fuel returned to the tank, the meter may not be of much more utility than the stock one (hence the note on the 5500 about requiring a close fuel system). They do make the sensors with return line monitors but the price generally doubles.
    Good point and thanks for pointing it out. I'm on the carbed 310, so won't have that particular problem, but MAY run into issues on the fuel pump being able to pull fuel up the line and through the meter (saw that in a tech doc someplace)

Default Re: Replying to Topic 'F

Quote Originally Posted by gotmyboat

Dave

Dave,

Did you get the LMF-200 installed?
    If so, what other sensors did you pick up?
    How is it working for you?

Default Re: Replying to Topic 'Flowscan on Moomba'

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-
    *bump*
    Waiting to hear back from Indmar.
    I should have answered this earlier.
    Larry replied about a week later and it was picked up in our spam traps here.
    -----------------------------------

We have never installed such a system but since our 2006 models do not return fuel from the fuel rails, it could be installed in the line between the fuel pump and fuel rails and give accurate readings.

Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Service

Wolf -

I didn't order the fuel flow meter after I read about the possible issues with the EFI. I have a 2005 with the 325EFI.

Larry -

Do the '05s return fuel from the rails? If not then this is definitely on my list for spring.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gotmyboat
    Wolf -

I didn't order the fuel flow meter after I read about the possible issues with the EFI. I have a 2005 with the 325EFI.

Larry -

Do the '05s return fuel from the rails? If not then this is definitely on my list for spring.

Dave
    I'm going to go with the Lowrance unit. Found the Gauge and sensor for $109 online. Need to pick up some various components for the base network backbone.