Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small tree issue...

Got to our place on the lake last night and found a "present" -- must have had a big storm and the huge sycamore tree in our yard dropped a decent size limb right on the trailer. Dented both fenders and took out some of the brake lines.

Anyone know if Boatmate sells the painted brake lines that would match the trailer?

Thankfully the boat wasn't on the trailer or that could have been real bad news!!

IMG_1880.jpgIMG_1881.jpgIMG_1882.jpgIMG_1883.jpgIMG_1884.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

lucky the boat wasn't on there , could have been disastrous! Good luck getting everything put back together
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Got to our place on the lake last night and found a "present" -- must have had a big storm and the huge sycamore tree in our yard dropped a decent size limb right on the trailer. Dented both fenders and took out some of the brake lines.

Anyone know if Boatmate sells the painted brake lines that would match the trailer?

Thankfully the boat wasn't on the trailer or that could have been real bad news!!

Not sure about the painted brake lines but I know the do sell the paint in a spray can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had someone run into my fender at a boat launch and left and I ended up with an insurance claim as it was expensive to fix. A fender is hard to make true again. At the look of the tree it appears to have been dead for a while. If that tree comes from someone elses property they need to come pick it up and hand them the estimate. If it is your tree then you may want to do some trimming.
    Last edited by zabooda; 09-17-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Homeowners insurance claim?
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

You can get a painted fender, not sure of the brake lines.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post

And a fender is cheap. I paid 273 for a boat mate painted fender with rubber pad on top shipped to my house. Just make sure you have your trailer vin when you call , Google boat are parts and give them a call. Jim is the guy that will answer or return your call, he is very helpful. Btw, the fender should just bolt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are welded fenders like what I have so I had my fender that was damaged remolded and repainted. Hardly any automotive body shop will touch a trailer so I was lucky not to have a fender replaced. They also did the work with the boat on the trailer otherwise I would have paid for a slip while the trailer was being worked on. This trailer is worse than what I had and it still cost $1,500 to fix. The insurance comp was $50 deductible so it worked out well.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Pretty sure they are bolt on fenders so it should be plug and play.

They are bolt on.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon