Default Mojo ride quality questions

Hello, I'm in the research stage of boat buying. I have 3 kids 6 and under so they wont be doing a ton of water sports yet mostly cruising and swimming but for myself, my wife, and our friends I really want a boat we can surf. I am really hoping to find a smoother riding wake boat that can suit both of those wants. I test drove a nautique 210 (2009 model) and it had a good wake but I thought the ride was a little harsh. We'll be doing most boating in Lake Geneva WI which can get choppy on the weekends, but we'll be doing 95% of our boating midweek where there is not as much traffic/chop. I really like the Mojo but haven't been able to get in one yet. I would love input from Mojo owners who have small children on how the ride is. I know the wake is suitable and I like the styling a little bit better than the Axis T23. It seems like it has a higher freeboard too which eases a little bit of the admiral's concern. the NXT22 is new enough I haven't seen one yet and everything else is over $80K and out of the question. Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Large

Quote Originally Posted by Large Farva View Post
    Hello, I'm in the research stage of boat buying. I have 3 kids 6 and under so they wont be doing a ton of water sports yet mostly cruising and swimming but for myself, my wife, and our friends I really want a boat we can surf. I am really hoping to find a smoother riding wake boat that can suit both of those wants. I test drove a nautique 210 (2009 model) and it had a good wake but I thought the ride was a little harsh. We'll be doing most boating in Lake Geneva WI which can get choppy on the weekends, but we'll be doing 95% of our boating midweek where there is not as much traffic/chop. I really like the Mojo but haven't been able to get in one yet. I would love input from Mojo owners who have small children on how the ride is. I know the wake is suitable and I like the styling a little bit better than the Axis T23. It seems like it has a higher freeboard too which eases a little bit of the admiral's concern. the NXT22 is new enough I haven't seen one yet and everything else is over $80K and out of the question. Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Large
    Add a little ballast weight and the Mojo handles big water well. I add about 500 in the center and maybe 150-200 in each rear locker and she does well in rough water.
    The Mojo also surfs well. I have found mine to be a great family surf boat.
    There are a couple in the classisfieds for sale also if you are looking to save a few bucks.
    Good luck, let us know which way you end up going.
    Jerald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We boat on Lake Tahoe mostly with kids on board as well. Weather can change fast and wip up some pretty rough water. The Mojo handles the chop quite well with its massive gunwales. The high of these also keeps the kids from accidently falling out. I would highly recommend.
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    750 lb IBS
    1100 lb rear sacs
    Acme 2315
    Wetsounds Rev 10 and Kicker speakers mounted on the side
    Yamaha Tower cam tracking mount for Go Pro

Our family loves our 2014 Mojo! I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and of the boats I've been in I have felt most comfortable in the Mojo. The high freeboard makes a big difference with small kids. The ride has been great in choppy water and having the wake plate down really helps. If you want to surf and stay as safe as possible the Mojo is your boat. I can throw a really nice wave with just our family of five in the boat and my rub rail isn't that close to the water which your wife will appreciate. If I can help in any way let me know, I'm more than happy to answer more specific questions. I was looking for exactly what you are looking for and we are very pleased with the boat, how safe we feel in busy choppy water and the surf wave.
    Jed
    2014 Moomba Mojo

We had all of the same concerns as you when we were shopping. We went with a 2015 mojo and love it. My kids are 6,4, and 2 and everything has been perfect for us. When the lake gets choppy the mojo handles it with ease. Bamamojo also is correct in adding a little weight in the belly tank also helps along with how you trim the boat. Good luck with your decision!
    2015 Moomba Mojo

Thanks all for the input. Glad to hear the Mojo is a viable option, I finally got to check one out in person last week and really liked it. It was a 2016 and I thought the fit and finish were as good as the nxt20 I've seen and maybe a little better than axis. Hoping there will be a leftover 15 or 16 next fall I can apprehend for an end of the year discount.

Your best deals will be found at the upcoming boat shows.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples on pricing. For example, I don't think the nxt includes the trailer. IMO, the Axis interior is no where close to the Moomba.