Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default September 2015 Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    That is so cool...as long as he can keep his pacifier he's good to go!!!

My kids are grown now but thinking ahead for grandkids -- what are the tricks to getting up on a surf board with a youngster like that??
    Squats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall we had a great weekend. The start for my wife, oldest son and her friend was rough to start. Be everyone was OK and enjoyed the weekend.

Here 1 month old car, that she has wanted forever

Saturday am on dawn patrol

Youngest's friend on ZUP Board. Within 5 mintues he was pulling 360. Next up kneeboard or wakeboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
    Two years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mine turn 2 in November.. GTG for next season then! woohoo
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Labor Day weekend was supposed to be the "Moomba/supra Jam" at Prineville Reservoir. But with water 15+ feet low, everyone bailed from there. I was bummed because I'd scored a cabin from Wed - Mon. But such is life. We rallied a backup plan and pressed on to Lake Billy Chinook at the Cove Palisades State Park and got a couple of decent camp sites and a boat slip.

We had 3 guys that headed out Wednesday after work, and the ladies would follow on Friday.

We were representing MOOMBA and protecting the boat from a rain shower on the drive with the snap on cover.

Since we didn't have a cabin, this was our base camp for the weekend:

Since we had a midweek arrival, the campground was pretty empty and we were one of only 3 wakeboats in the boat slips. This is what we woke up to and got to enjoy on Thursday morning. We even had smooth water when we left to head back to the campground a cook up "second breakfast".

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    That is so cool...as long as he can keep his pacifier he's good to go!!!

My kids are grown now but thinking ahead for grandkids -- what are the tricks to getting up on a surf board with a youngster like that??
    I did my son when he was 4 years old. Put him in between your legs and have them hold onto your legs if you can. Really you're almost having them sit on your lap as you're getting up. then they just stand on the board and you can even kinda squeeze them with your knees a little to hold them in place.

I've been able to ride with kids up to 11 ropeless. It takes a lot of balance and concentration. When I went with younger kids, when I got to the point where we were done, I grabbed them as I sank into the water and held them up above the surface of the water to keep their heads from going under (keep the experience 100% positive)
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I thought this was a fun shot with the rainbow coming off the spray and the Moomba logo on the seat...

Even if she's 'just' lineriding, it's always awesome to watch my wife get out there and love being behind the boat.

We celebrated that night with CAH, chips/salsa, and some 5.9% alcoholic root beer.

My buddy with the trailer actually had to leave Sunday night and be back at work on Monday. LAME! more importantly, that meant our trailer was going away. We took the mattress from the loft of the toyhauler and made a bed in my wife's F150. I was happy she had the 6.5' bed instead of the 5.5' bed! it was just right. We folded closed 2 of the 3 sections of the tri-fold tonneau cover and watched the stars as we went to sleep. it was pretty awesome actually. But it was cold as hell in the morning, and with a campfire ban, we didn't get out on the water until the sun crested the canyon walls at 9am.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

wet suits? already?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    wet suits? already?
    How many hundred miles north of you do I live? LMAO!!!!!!

The water temp was fluctuating between 58 and 62. And the air temp in the mornings was below 60. Hell, it got to 39 degrees overnight at the campground.

I have 6 different pieces of neoprene and I'm not ashamed to use them. Hell, when it was cloudy, windy, in the 50's with water temps around 58 I would have pulled out my damn drysuit if I would have had it. My buddy didn't bring a hoody that evening on the boat and he put his neoprene life vest on over his t-shirt to stay warmer!

I think you're more than a little spoiled when you live in a borderline tropical area.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

I think you're more than a little spoiled when you live in a borderline tropical area.
    umm, there could be some truth to that, still surprised to see them that's all. I will admit to wearing a shorty in the middle of summer back when I would slalom on the Columbia river, and that's when I was in my 20's-get the idea I don't like cold water
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    umm, there could be some truth to that, still surprised to see them that's all. I will admit to wearing a shorty in the middle of summer back when I would slalom on the Columbia river, and that's when I was in my 20's-get the idea I don't like cold water
    Trust me, I wasn't thrilled. but when nights are dipping into the 40's and even 30's in Oregon's high dessert, I guess that's what happens. in late July we were there and the water temp was low 70's and it was fantastic!

We had people trunking it in the same water. I'm just don't like to be cold, have nothing to prove, and own a ton of gear! LOL
    www.TraysonsToybox.com