Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ordering a 2016 Supra SC

Hi All! I'm new to Supra and Moomba forums. I read somewhere that the Supra forum is mostly for the classic boats and most of the newer Supra owners hang out around here. Anyway, I am planning to order a 2016 Supra SC and would love to get some honest opinions on the gel coat scheme. I'm not the type that likes to go blacked out. Here are some options I've came up with. I will be ordering with Swell 2.0, Heater, Clamping Board Racks, Sub, JL Tower Speakers, etc... any other options I definitely need to get? I love the clean look of the white deck color, but the black will probably hide grime better between deep cleans right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome.

Black on a boat is the same as black on a car, it shows everything.

Bright colors hide grime the best.

If you plan to keep her in the water a lot check into SC warranty on the hull. They have stipulations on boats that stay in the water vs on the trailers.

I'm not positive but I heard the hull warranty will be void if it's stored as a floating boat vs lift our trailer.

I prefer light colored bottom hull due to I trailer and I hate seeing the scuffs from the bunks.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by SC16 View Post
    Hi All! I'm new to Supra and Moomba forums. I read somewhere that the Supra forum is mostly for the classic boats and most of the newer Supra owners hang out around here. Anyway, I am planning to order a 2016 Supra SC and would love to get some honest opinions on the gel coat scheme. I'm not the type that likes to go blacked out. Here are some options I've came up with. I will be ordering with Swell 2.0, Heater, Clamping Board Racks, Sub, JL Tower Speakers, etc... any other options I definitely need to get? I love the clean look of the white deck color, but the black will probably hide grime better between deep cleans right?
    I would hit #2 with rear accent of silver or gunmetal flake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Welcome.

Black on a boat is the same as black on a car, it shows everything.

Bright colors hide grime the best.

If you plan to keep her in the water a lot check into SC warranty on the hull. They have stipulations on boats that stay in the water vs on the trailers.

I'm not positive but I heard the hull warranty will be void if it's stored as a floating boat vs lift our trailer.

I prefer light colored bottom hull due to I trailer and I hate seeing the scuffs from the bunks.
    It will be trailered always and wiped down after every use (I'm OCD). I agree on the white bottom because I hate seeing the scuff from the bunks too! Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by SC16 View Post
    It will be trailered always and wiped down after every use (I'm OCD). I agree on the white bottom because I hate seeing the scuff from the bunks too! Glad I'm not the only one.
    If you plan to wipe it down after each use <as I do mine> you will still find small water spots that form over the summer, just not as bad. All depends on the mineral content of your water.

I have the charcoal grey with white strips and I love the color, its dark enough to really pop on the water yet not black so its not back breaking to keep clean. I still get water spots over the summer even though I clean it after every use.

I also like white but its just so bright I feel its a better accent color then main color.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Go with the kono liner instead of carpet. It feels great on your feet, drys fast, and won't get a beat down path like carpet will. Just make sure you take the main piece out when towing with out a cover. I almost lost that section the first time I towed mine.

I like the first and second color schemes you picked. I can't tell from my phone if the blue is metal flake or not. I wasn't sure if I would liked the flake until I saw it in person. I like even more when it's on the water. When the boat is in the shade it just looks like normal gel but when the sun shines on it it pops big time. I have a black hull and hate it when it's on the trailer and I see the scuffs from the bunks. I don't have the problem mike does with the water spots. Lanier must not be as mineral rich as his water.
    2015 Supra SE 550

I'm not sure the kona is available in 2016. X

I like 3. Looks clean.

PWI as usual...

#1 or #2 gets my vote
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm with Newty. # 3 gets my vote. Very classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4