Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

One of my pumps was mounted from the factory with the head up/motor down. It took 3 years to break. I replaced it with a new pump and mounted it sideways on the port mounting board.
    2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    750 lb IBS
    1100 lb rear sacs
    Acme 2315
    Wetsounds Rev 10 and Kicker speakers mounted on the side
    Yamaha Tower cam tracking mount for Go Pro

got all 3 pumps mounted, I put 2 hinges at the top so I can swing the bottom up for servicing of the impellars, put my 4th pump on the inside of the port engine panel that folds down
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Mojo Ballast re-design

I got all 3 pumps re-located. The board it is minted to is hinged at the top, and features hand knobs at each side to mount it in place. When the board is lifted up, all 3 impellers are easily accessible for service. I mounted the control box on the wall in the port side compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    This is what the manufacturer says about pump orientation and location:

I am a big fan of draining above the water line. It's great to have that visual and audible indicator of when it's done draining. Plus it's fun when the kids are swimming on the side of the boat to fill a bag a little and then switch the drain on when they swim by the thru-hull and get them!

I only have 1 reversible on my boat, but I've done the following:
    I have 3 different plastic ball valves in line. 1 is for a bag under the surfside bow seat, the 2nd is for a 400 bag that's under my surfside seats (gets used all the time) and the 3rd connects a coiled hose with a non-closing sprayer to the pump. I used it the other day to suck out water from the bilge that the bilge pump wasn't getting. I will also test it to see if I can use it to spray kids as a water gun of sorts. haha.

On my reversible, I have the 2 check valves so I can have the above water line draining as pictured in the diagram:

As far as changing the way it fills or drains from the bag itself. My understanding is that the reversible pumps are powerful enough that head pressure really doesn't affect them much and in turn having them fill from the bottom should be fine. I wouldn't waste my resources there.

I have heard you can reprogram the timers, but I don't have timers, so I have no idea. I turn off my switches when water starts coming out the vent lines.
    Do you have yours hooked up this way? I cant see how the pump pulls water in. Seems like it would pull air in from the above water vent. You have the discharge line connected after the vent check valve.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

You would have to add another check valve to the new discharge line. It would let water out and keep air from coming in.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Exactly what I was seeing.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection