Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best engine bay heater to buy with the cold aproaching

First year with my 13 lsv v drive and we will start getting into the. Negative temps here in the next few weeks and my boat does not sit in a heated area often on the boat lift or driveway, what do you guys use to ensure that the block doesnt crack or heater core and ballast bumps and such. Have lots of great days left on water and want to get the most out of the boat before i winterize it thanks again

once I know we'll be below freezing over night for more than just an hour I drain everything after each use. it takes 20 minutes to go through everything, but we'll continue into October by doing this.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

where are you that it will freeze the first part of SEPT.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    once I know we'll be below freezing over night for more than just an hour I drain everything after each use. it takes 20 minutes to go through everything, but we'll continue into October by doing this.
    What do you all drain to be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    where are you that it will freeze the first part of SEPT.
    Saskatchewan canada haha allready forecasting for +3 celcious this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by sledneck__11 View Post
    What do you all drain to be safe?
    Everything there is to drain, just as if I was winterizing it. Engine/heater/hoses etc...
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

First year with my 13 lsv v drive and we will start getting into the. Negative temps here in the next few weeks and my boat does not sit in a heated area often on the boat lift or driveway, what do you guys use to ensure that the block doesnt crack or heater core and ballast bumps and such. Have lots of great days left on water and want to get the most out of the boat before i winterize it thanks again
    Here's what I've used. It's pretty high tech. 100 watt bulb.

Last edited by trayson; 08-18-2015 at 05:37 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've read lots of threads that show that the temps of the block rarely get freezing w/o prolonged sustained temps below freezing. The thing I'd be worried about would be the heat exchanger on the boat heater (assuming you have one).

I know a couple of us have installed hose quick connects to make disconnecting and draining the heat exchanger a lot easier. Having an air compressor really helps with blowing air out of the heater. That's the one item that's farther away from the block that I'd actually worry about.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I've read lots of threads that show that the temps of the block rarely get freezing w/o prolonged sustained temps below freezing. The thing I'd be worried about would be the heat exchanger on the boat heater (assuming you have one).

I know a couple of us have installed hose quick connects to make disconnecting and draining the heat exchanger a lot easier. Having an air compressor really helps with blowing air out of the heater. That's the one item that's farther away from the block that I'd actually worry about.
    yea the boat has a heater and its just the outgoing small hose and the return larger one that you are talking about and blow through those two?

yea the boat has a heater and its just the outgoing small hose and the return larger one that you are talking about and blow through those two?
    There's two hoses that go to/from the heater unit. the unit consists of a blower fan and a heat exchanger (like a little radiator thing) and it's all in a box with hoses going to and from. So yeah, the hoses that go to and from the engine to that remote unit are what I'd be most concerned about. Beyond that, the shop light should work well. Maybe two for redundancy so that if one light bulb burns out, you've still got the backup.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com