Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Help with '15 Mojo surf settings

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    I have a 12 and surf regular. I run 1100 in port locker, 325 under port bench. 400 front full and off side 200. Running 10.5. Able to go ropeless while not for super long but each time gets longer. I Am still a beginner. Biggest push is closer to boat but I'm fine tuning wake plate to go farther back. I am able to surf farther back with ok push but if I care to hard I sometimes can't recover. I'm going to test a hair more weight on off side to see if that makes a difference and speed. I know the 15 is a diff hull I think but hope this helps.
    You need more nose weight. If you don't have an IBS , add one. Also run a 300-400 lb sack in the bow on top on surf side. This will give you a deep pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    What part of Norman are you on? We just got back from there. Stayed at a house on the Westport/Denver side. we love it there. Seriously thinking of moving. Have been for the past few years since we went the first time.
    I'm over on the Cornelius side, keep the boat at the marina where the Rusty Rudder is if you know where that is located. Come on down man - I moved from up North 7 years ago and my only regret is I didn't move sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfeather View Post
    Yeah we are running a lot of ballast. You definitely don't need to run as much weight but it makes an AMAZING wave! We are going to have custom bags made that will fill the entire locker and extend all the way under the seats (will be a lot easier to fill and drain). I think we will be able to fit about 2300 pounds on the starboard side and about 2100 pounds on the port side.

With just the 1,100 pound bags we found that we got the best wave running the starboard side completely full, the center tank full, and running the port side about 40-60% depending on how many people we had in the boat. I believe we had the wake plate at about 3/4 up and we were running about 12.2-12.8 mph. We also had the auto flow set at 100%. I have spent several hours just playing with the auto flow and have continually found that on the starboard side it is best to run it 90-100%. I would also recommend that you take the time and run at different speeds between 12-13 mph while you don't have someone surfing. I know this seems fast compared to other boats but it makes the best wave for us.

It was a little frustrating at first when we were trying to get a decent wave. I decided one day to take the time and watch the wave without anyone surfing. This was when we were able to really get it dialed in.

I am by no means any sort of expert but I hope my experience can be of some use for you.
    Yeah I guess I need to spend more time on it dialing it in and seeing what works best - appreciate the tips!