Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with '15 Mojo surf settings

So we recently got a '15 Mojo with auto surf - primarily to use for surfing. I've upgraded the rear sacks to 1100's and this thing throws a huge wake. The issue is there is little to no "push" and the wave is very short - the only spot where you can really just coast on it is right on top of the boat. As soon as you fall back a little the push disappears and you lose the wave.

I've been playing around with different settings but can't seem to get it dialed in. I've got the auto surf set to 70, usually have the wake plate right at 50, and we're running like 9.3 mph. I've tried faster and slower but this seems to be the sweet spot. Also, we all ride goofy - I know the goofy side wave seems to be a little smaller than the regular side.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Also - I have a Bimini top question. I have the standard Oz tower and am now wishing I upgraded to the s-bend. With the top open, the tow ropes are pulling down directly on the little aluminum support poles of the Bimini. I'm worried they're going to get bent or busted. I've started using the ski pylon for surfing, but then the rope ends up sliding back and forth over the vinyl sunpad and I'm worried that's going to get messed up. How is everyone else dealing with this?

what is the water depth where you are wakesurfing?

I have noticed a huge difference in push when we are surfing in 8 to 10 feet water compared to 30 plus feet.
    There is very little push in shallow water.

Mart

We are at pretty low water levels on the lake here in NC, so it has been primarily in shallow water that I've been trying to surf. I'll see if I can find a deeper cove and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzbutz View Post

- I have a Bimini top question. I have the standard Oz tower and am now wishing I upgraded to the s-bend. With the top open, the tow ropes are pulling down directly on the little aluminum support poles of the Bimini. I'm worried they're going to get bent or busted. I've started using the ski pylon for surfing, but then the rope ends up sliding back and forth over the vinyl sunpad and I'm worried that's going to get messed up. How is everyone else dealing with this?
    Use the ski tower and the aft cleat on the surf side. Works perfectly and saves from all of those issues.
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

We also have a 15 Mojo with auto flow. For the starboard side we are running the auto flow at 100%. We run a 1,100 pound bag full on the starboard side with another 650 pound bag under the seat. We also fill another 650 pound bag that we lay on the floor next to the seat on the starboard side. We have the hard tank full and the port bag about 60%(1,100 pound bag). We are running about 12.8 mph with the wake plate almost all the way up.

This is making an awesome wave! It is tall with great push and I can surf really far back from the boat. I will try and post a video later.

We have found that depth is extremely important. If you are under 10" you will not get a very good wave.

thanks for the advice you guys. redfeather that is a ton of ballast! i was really hoping to not have to go through all those extra steps, that was the whole purpose for the 'surf system'!? My friend's nautiques and supras are throwing much better waves with no surf systems and less ballast - honestly the Mojo has been kind of a disappointment...

honestly the Mojo has been kind of a disappointment...
    To surf behind? Not in our book and I don't know of a pre-SWELL Supra that could beat it.

We didn't need the extra on the floor, but did plumbing a small, 370 under the port seats helped when it was just our family out surfing. The manual flow was a good addition as well. Really, the Mojo took very little effort to get a great wave.

I have a 12 and surf regular. I run 1100 in port locker, 325 under port bench. 400 front full and off side 200. Running 10.5. Able to go ropeless while not for super long but each time gets longer. I Am still a beginner. Biggest push is closer to boat but I'm fine tuning wake plate to go farther back. I am able to surf farther back with ok push but if I care to hard I sometimes can't recover. I'm going to test a hair more weight on off side to see if that makes a difference and speed. I know the 15 is a diff hull I think but hope this helps.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

What part of Norman are you on? We just got back from there. Stayed at a house on the Westport/Denver side. we love it there. Seriously thinking of moving. Have been for the past few years since we went the first time.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

thanks for the advice you guys. redfeather that is a ton of ballast! i was really hoping to not have to go through all those extra steps, that was the whole purpose for the 'surf system'!? My friend's nautiques and supras are throwing much better waves with no surf systems and less ballast - honestly the Mojo has been kind of a disappointment...
    Yeah we are running a lot of ballast. You definitely don't need to run as much weight but it makes an AMAZING wave! We are going to have custom bags made that will fill the entire locker and extend all the way under the seats (will be a lot easier to fill and drain). I think we will be able to fit about 2300 pounds on the starboard side and about 2100 pounds on the port side.

With just the 1,100 pound bags we found that we got the best wave running the starboard side completely full, the center tank full, and running the port side about 40-60% depending on how many people we had in the boat. I believe we had the wake plate at about 3/4 up and we were running about 12.2-12.8 mph. We also had the auto flow set at 100%. I have spent several hours just playing with the auto flow and have continually found that on the starboard side it is best to run it 90-100%. I would also recommend that you take the time and run at different speeds between 12-13 mph while you don't have someone surfing. I know this seems fast compared to other boats but it makes the best wave for us.

It was a little frustrating at first when we were trying to get a decent wave. I decided one day to take the time and watch the wave without anyone surfing. This was when we were able to really get it dialed in.

I am by no means any sort of expert but I hope my experience can be of some use for you.