Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destin, Florida

Default Destin, Florida

Headed to Destin for a little getaway for week. What are some places we should definitely try to check out while we are there??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Take a little road trip and head east to Grayton Beach and have dinner at The Red Bar.

www.theredbar.com

A little further east is Seaside which a favorite of ours. Cool shops, good eats and usually some live music.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 07-12-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Agree. Red Bar is a great place. Other places to try, Back Porch, Pompano Joe's, Dewy Destin's, McGuire's ( non seafood ) and Louis Louis. You also might want to checkout the Blue Angles. They practice on Thursday mornings before leaving for their weekend show. They are based in Pensacola. Check their website for times and dates. Enjoy!

Default Destin, Florida

My daughter was in PCB this weekend and watched the Blue Angels practice from a boat yesterday. She said it was incredible!

Default Destin, Florida

Watching the Blue Angels practice sounds AWESOME! Any insight on the best place to view from??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Destin, Florida

We just got back.. We had a boat in our party and hung out on Crab island. We tried McGuire's (at the Destin bridge) for the first time and enjoyed it. At the Harbor Walk we did the XD experience and shot some zombie's, I am not a gamer but the 3d experience/seat motion was neat.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Default Destin, Florida

Yeah I found that schedule, they don't have times though, just dates. I think I found on some site that they start at 8:30 am??? We are going to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

The Donut Hole and Baytowne Village in Sandestin http://www.baytownewharf.com/

We always viewed the show by going to the base. They have bleachers there or bring a chair. Great up close view. Just go to the main gate, enter the visitors lane and tell them why you are there. If you have questions call the Museum of Naval Aviation. 850-452-3604. I am sure they could give you current times and dates.