Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Question:
    If the 500# IBS fills after the hard tank, and the above settings call for 60% full for middle/front ballast, does that mean the IBS won't actually have any water in it? (tank+IBS = 1300#; 60% of 1300 = 780# which is less than the tank itself, right?) Plus w/the higher bow of surf speeds it's even less likely that the IBS will have any water in it. What am I missing here?
    2016 Craz

This is a good question...Based on what I read from other people (mostly those with Mojo's), I think the bow/center should be at 100% vs 60%. I don't think it would work to fill both the bow/center 100% and then drain the center. The bow would just drain back into the center tank. If my thoughts aren't accurate, I'm all ears to hear from the experts.

Can't wait for the darn water to warm up here so I can get back out and actually dial in the surf wave.
    2016 Craz

Got my 2014 Mojo out on the water today for its first test run after having the manual Flow replaced by the Autoflow 2.0

My first opinion ... completely underwhelmed

Before I jump to any solid conclusions I need to spend a few more hours with it to try everything ... but here is what I tried today.

I have the 1100's in the rear lockers with a 650IBS up front. We ride goofy so I had goofy side bag at 100% full and non surf side bag at 80%. Tried it with the non surf bags at 75%, 60% even 40%. Tried with the IBS and centre tank totally full ... tried it with the IBS at 50% and with the IBS empty. Just could not get ANY PUSH out of this wave. Tried speeds from 9.8 to 10.6mph. Tried wake plate at 0/50% and 100%.

I have been riding hopeless behind my Mojo for quite some time and have no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat ... until now. I was pumping the wave as hard as I could and I could only JUST stay with the boat. As soon as I stopped pumping I fell right back out. Even putting MAJOR front foot weight (to the point I would bury the nose) would not give me the speed I needed to keep up.

After trying for 30+ mins and all those variables we decided to drop the surf setting from 5 LED bars down to 4 and then 3. 3 seemed to be the best. The wave had a little more push but definitely not enough to ride comfortably in the pocket without a rope for any extended period of time.

What setting are you guys using on your flow controller?

I am more than choked right now because after this "upgrade" I am short $6K and have a boat that I can't surf behind.
    Last edited by blackcup; 05-25-2016 at 09:57 PM.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Default Autoflow 2.0 settings

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Got my 2014 Mojo out on the water today for its first test run after having the manual Flow replaced by the Autoflow 2.0

My first opinion ... completely underwhelmed

Before I jump to any solid conclusions I need to spend a few more hours with it to try everything ... but here is what I tried today.

I have the 1100's in the rear lockers with a 650IBS up front. We ride goofy so I had goofy side bag at 100% full and non surf side bag at 80%. Tried it with the non surf bags at 75%, 60% even 40%. Tried with the IBS and centre tank totally full ... tried it with the IBS at 50% and with the IBS empty. Just could not get ANY PUSH out of this wave. Tried speeds from 9.8 to 10.6mph. Tried wake plate at 0/50% and 100%.

I have been riding hopeless behind my Mojo for quite some time and have no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat ... until now. I was pumping the wave as hard as I could and I could only JUST stay with the boat. As soon as I stopped pumping I fell right back out. Even putting MAJOR front foot weight (to the point I would bury the nose) would not give me the speed I needed to keep up.

After trying for 30+ mins and all those variables we decided to drop the surf setting from 5 LED bars down to 4 and then 3. 3 seemed to be the best. The wave had a little more push but definitely not enough to ride comfortably in the pocket without a rope for any extended period of time.

What setting are you guys using on your flow controller?

I am more than choked right now because after this "upgrade" I am short $6K and have a boat that I can't surf behind.
    Very strange. When I upgraded from auto flow 1.0 to 2.0 it was noticeably better. I never surfed the manual flow though. Granted I have a mondo but I figured the mojo would surf better. My flow setting is 60%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Very strange. When I upgraded from auto flow 1.0 to 2.0 it was noticeably better. I never surfed the manual flow though. Granted I have a mondo but I figured the mojo would surf better. My flow setting is 60%

I posted my results in the thread in the wake surf forum so I have a dupe thread going here ... but when you say 60% ... how are you getting that number? I have the wakeland controller and it has LED lights that go from 1 through 5. I had it set to 3.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Default Autoflow 2.0 settings

I posted my results in the thread in the wake surf forum so I have a dupe thread going here ... but when you say 60% ... how are you getting that number? I have the wakeland controller and it has LED lights that go from 1 through 5. I had it set to 3.
    I have the OEM auto flow so it's not the WakeLand controller. I would assume 3 is around 60% though

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Hmmmm ok thanks. Does anyone have the actual measurements of the plates from a 2.0 system? I was told that wakeland supplied the exact OEM plates to the new Moombas so I'd just like to double check.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Nvm ... found the old post on the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 and I def have the 2.0 plates. Was hoping it was maybe a mis ship
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Nvm ... found the old post on the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 and I def have the 2.0 plates. Was hoping it was maybe a mis ship
    You should check to see what settings 1-5 equate to as % deployed. I have the autoflow, which allows me to set the % deployed in 5% increments. My best wave was at 55%. I assume you'd want setting 3, but that's just assuming each setting is a 20% change.
    2016 Craz

Yeah got a reply back from the guy at wakeland this AM. For stock goofy it should be 4 LEDs ... for stock regular should be 3 LEDs. Then just adjust from there as necessary.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub