Threaded View

Here are few tips for setting up your boat for wakesurfing with the Auto Flow 2:

Ballast and passenger placement: Rear weight will add to the height of the wave and typically give you more push. Additional bow weight will lengthen the wave but will decrease some of the height. On the Craz I would recommend filling rear ballast 100% on each side and favor a passenger or 2 towards the surf side. If you feel there isn't enough push with all ballast full in the boat, drain the bow bag some to achieve a taller wave with more push. It is also important to keep in mind passenger placement in this equation. Sitting passengers in the rear vs the bow will result in the same way as ballast.
    Wakeplate Position: The wakeplate in a higher position will result a taller wave with more push. A lower wakeplate setting will lengthen the wave but you will lose some push.
    Speed: Ideal speed will vary based on the amount of ballast and passengers you have in the boat. A slower speed will give you a taller wave with more push. Higher speeds will give you a longer wave. You typically want to speed up some when you have heavy ballast and/or passenger load. I would recommend running between 10.2 and 10.8 mph verified by GPS on the Craz, again depending on your weight configuration.
    Auto Flow 2 settings: Much like the wakeplate, the position of the Auto Flow 2 plates can change the shape of the wave. The Craz stock settings are 65% for port side surfing and 75% for starboard side. For reference, 0% is all the way up (not deployed) and 100% is fully deployed. Lower percentages than that of stock will result in a taller wave with more push. Higher percentages than stock will result in a longer, more mellow wave, more ideal for a lighter or skim style rider.

Based on your described setup, what you are looking for, and following the tips above, I would recommend the following:

Speed at 10.4 mph
    Ballast 100% in both rear bags and around 60% on the gauge for the front/middle.
    Wakeplate all the way up.
    Auto Flow 2 settings at 60% for port side and 70% for starboard side surfing.
    Passengers number is a variable so I would just start by placing them in the cockpit, again maybe 1 extra person favoring the surf side. If you have a heavy passenger load, distribute some to the bow or fill the bow ballast more.

Hopefully those tips will help you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-11-2015 at 08:28 AM.