Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First off is tie a piece of rope to the bottom of the foil

13-15 mph to start

This will prevent you from coming out of the water (flying)

once you have mastered riding the ski on the water take the rope off

now all the control to fly the ski is with your hand position keeping your body in one position

KEEP YOUR ARMS BENT

I went straight to the advanced model with longer strut as these things are hard to find used , therefor easier to sell if you dont like it , down side to foiling is its 3500 for a good foil and 700 for a rack to hold it on your boat. BUT i have so many people coming up to me on the water asking what the heck is it

then up down forward back movement with your hands to keep your self steady flying above the water

I have tried most things, I can barefoot backwards on one foot and this is way harder.

KEY IS INSTRUCTION if you can get someone who knows what they are doing it can save you a world of hurt.

But Foiling , once you know how to do it is one of the best things , and easiest things to do
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 08-10-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

For those looking for an affordable but good quality Sky Ski rack take a look here http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...Swiveling-Rack
    I purchased one a couple of years ago and it hasn't budged a millimeter since installing it. It has bee solid. I am going to upgrade to the swivel mount in the future.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    After you learn enough control to not immediately wipe out, I recommend that cruising practice be done at the minimum speed that give good fine control, typically about 16 MPH. Lower speeds are great for keeping things non-threatening, but responsiveness to control might not be there for stable cruising.
    Erratum: boosting the speed to 16-ish for control should be for when you are proceeding from on-ski riding to coming out of the water for on-foil riding. You can spend as long as you like at lower speeds on the ski just to get used to the contraption. However far forward you think that you have to lean for this, it's probably further (the "Superman position").

I haven't previously seen DOCDRS' advice about tying a piece of rope below to keep it from rising. Neat.

I also forgot one piece of equipment: a deep V handle. This is the same type used for early slalom training. A big challenge for a beginner on a hydrofoil to get up on plane is the first couple of seconds, where you have to have the tow rope off to one side of the ski. The taught rope can push the ski to the side, dooming your first attempts. A deep V handle/rope puts rope on both sides of the ski tip when starting, helping to keep it straight.

The driver also needs to be patient. The rider may need extra time to let any movement of the foil subside before starting the run. When you are getting set up, that foil acts like a pendulum underwater.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

well, I won't say it was a complete failure for our first trip out, we all tried it and everyone rode it for at a least a few seconds. This thing is HARD!!!!! We found a really slow smooth take off was key, but as soon as we would start getting up to about 10mph the ski would start coming out of the water and then a fantastic crash would follow just a few short seconds later. I'm sure we aren't leaning far enough forward based on what I have read online. So we will give it another go, but this is unlike anything else that's for sure. Excited to try it out again and see if we can make this thing happen.
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750

Lean forward and sit on the front edge of the seat.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower