Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sounds good.. I might snag a set of these kickers.. Didn't see these before but never really looked LOL..
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Yea I agree.. I had never looked at these before now but I think it's worth it without being that big of an investment.. Especially if it fits in my cans I have now. On something like that, are you guys something to control the cabin speakers and tower volume separately?

Quote Originally Posted by CMAC21 View Post
    Yea I agree.. I had never looked at these before now but I think it's worth it without being that big of an investment.. Especially if it fits in my cans I have now. On something like that, are you guys something to control the cabin speakers and tower volume separately?
    Yes, you've really got to have the convenient independent zone control at your fingertips and on the fly. It could be as simple as the HU fader....IF the HU is on the drivers side, and IF the fader isn't buried in the menu. From there the options include 1) passive RCA line level controllers like the PAC LC-1, 2) active line level controllers with built in line drivers like the JL Audio or Kicker, or 3) active EQ ranging from an inexpensive Clarion up to the Wetsounds WS420 with a couple of dozens options in between.

So with having a EQ to run different zone volumes, will I still run a head unit? Right now the HU is up in that little passenger flip up box and there is a little controller on driver side. And by chance, whoever has the Kicker HLCD's do you have a video clip or link of them playing?

So with having a EQ to run different zone volumes, will I still run a head unit? Right now the HU is up in that little passenger flip up box and there is a little controller on driver side. And by chance, whoever has the Kicker HLCD's do you have a video clip or link of them playing?
    I wouldn't put too much stock in a video clip. They're all impressive in their own way because of the auto volume/compression used in compact recorders. Same with my Sony HD recorder. They're fun to make and share but not particularly realistic. And few are made without a complimentary subwoofer.
    Most all EQs have two inputs so if an iphone is your main music source you could use both the HU on occasion and the iphone direct into the EQ. While you don't need to maintain a HU, it's worth considering if you have or plan to use a transom remote control.
    Both the JL Audio and Kicker controllers have the line drivers between the HU and amplifiers on the port side with a non-audio-signal control cable connected to the underdash/indash controls. This means that the RCA signal path does not need to make two transverse runs. Both neat and efficient....if you maintain the HU, and if the HU has the required iphone input.

Ive done quite a few of the Kicker HLCD setups, but have never done a video with audio because they are a poor showing of the speakers true performance. If it matters any, ive never done a video of all the Wet Sounds HLCDs, Icon or Kicker KM-8 or KMT60 tower setups ive done.

Have you ever heard Britney Spears sing without "auto-tune"? sounds like a cat in heat. Consumer cameras have auto tune and auto gain on the MIC. Makes the speakers sound good and loud way back from them. This does not offer a potential consumer a true perspective of the speaker.

Yes that makes complete sense about the video. I appreciate it. Is there a certain amp you recommend to run the 4 pack KMS67?

Kicker KXM400.4

or

Arc Xdi450.4

A bridged 4-channel amplifier is certainly the most cost-effective way to produce power today. But how about a 2-channel in preparation for a possible future add-on of another pair of midbass drivers making the six-pack?

An amp like the Wet Sounds Syn-2 or Arc KS300.2 would deliver similar 4 ohm wattage and allow for those extra mids later. Just note, the extra mids have technically been retired from the Kicker lineup. They are available as a replacement driver for what comes in the KMT67. You would just need you Kicker dealer to order them as such.