Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I read somewhere a long time ago about how they use excavated rocks along the shores to help break up the wake/waves. As everyone knows, a sea wall will simply reflect the waves. I'm sure there is a best way to get the shoreline to absorb as much as possible.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I happened to check on one of the private lakes where I live and there is actually one for sale. I have a feeling that the lake is not deep enough for surfing as the reservation schedule used to be booked through most of the summer.

http://skipond.com/

http://www.kenmoreteam.com/listing/2...city-wa-99343/
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

that lake for sale would not last an hour in my area at that price even if it is not deep enough to surf. I will have more in my property house and lake when done. (probably going to have to sale a lot to afford it all).

For the sloping of the banks I talked to 3 different lake owner in the area and reading on-line about the wakes. and the flatter the bank the better so at the water line I have 12' of run to 1' of rise, with 10' into the water and 15' to 20' up the bank. the rest is going to be slope around a 3 to 1.

where there is banks we are not modifying because of house and trees we going to see how the hold up and rip rap where we need to.
    The dam will be rip rap.
    2007 supra 21v

Default Dreams of owning a privite ski lake

I would think that sloping would suffice. I was just guessing that around an 8:1 slope extending ten feet both ways of the waterline so in my opinion your idea should work great. But I'm not a lake designer so who knows haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I happened to check on one of the private lakes where I live and there is actually one for sale. I have a feeling that the lake is not deep enough for surfing as the reservation schedule used to be booked through most of the summer.

http://skipond.com/

http://www.kenmoreteam.com/listing/2...city-wa-99343/
    I'd live there!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default Dreams of owning a privite ski lake

That is sick for that price! And there is a sister lake right next to it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

We been digging on the lake this summer and spring so far we moved roughly 15,000 to 18,000 yards a dirt it has been a learning experience so far.
    (I was told you are not stuck unless you have to bring in bigger equipment so can't say we been stuck but can say a couple time we spent 4 plus hours getting equipment out) Due to all the rain this summer and spring I have not moved as much dirt as I wanted to. Also the only two dry months we had the track-hoe and dozer was on paying jobs. (got to have these Helps pay for equipment).
    The rail road contractor is behind schedule on moving the dirt they are suppose to be taking due to weather they will not be digging till the spring.
    We started in a back cove doing some test digging to find out what to do and not to do. Right now we are working on digging big ditches through the existing lake to help with de-watering when it rains. Doing the on evenings and weekends is going to take a long time.
    My wife's goal is July of 2017 my goal is the end of next year.

I add to my collection of equipment here what I have so far.
    Linkbelt 210 lx trackhoe
    CAT D5 Dozer
    CAT 963 Highlift
    CAT D250E Dump Truck
    CAT D350E Dump Truck
    Here is some pics hope you enjoy them

IMG_3060.jpgIMG_3070.jpgIMG_3071.jpgIMG_3073.jpgIMG_3080.jpg
    2007 supra 21v