Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

We've found that 10' is the make it or break it depth for the surf wave. anything less than 10' washes it out.

And I don't wanna pee in your cheerios, but what about the permitting and stuff?

Have you read this article???
    http://www.waterskimag.com/features/...vate-ski-site/
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My wife is a licensed civil engineer. We have been currently using the gps equipment from the company she works for to topo the existing lake. One of here friends specialize in lake design. So between my wife and here the design will be taken care of.
    I been talking to the necessary channels on permitting. and it looking not to be much of a problem based that there is a lake already there. (so basically we are just repairing, cleaning and adding to the existing lake.) There is a few fees but nothing major. I have 3 excavating company's look at it and one build two different ski lakes in the area and they said not to even get them involved.
    Besides that new lakes are not to bad in our area unless the dam is over 25' tall or a named creek. Than it gets bad you have to have to follow IL standards and everything has to be okay by them.
    2007 supra 21v

That's great to hear that it sounds quite plausible. Having your own lake would be a DREAM!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine how cool that would be.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

What is the source of the water? Have you looked into permits? On the site Ball of Spray, this topic comes up a lot. It's sad and maddening how the EPA wants to get into everyone's business.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

The dream is getting closer!!!
    We have a contract on our old house We close on the new house 9/30 and the closing for the one we are selling is setup for 10/15 give us 15 days to move. (my wife does not like the moving part) but it is a load off of me.
    Plus on top of this one of the excavating company's that look at building the lake just bid a dirt job that needs a lot of dirt 1 mile from the new lake. If he gets it the lake build cost would come way down.

there is a lot of land run off all around the lake. on a hard rain the lake will come up 2' in less than an hour. (this is a little extreme so we are looking at doing addition overflow pipes.)
    2007 supra 21v

Damn, sounds amazing. Keep us updated. Quite jealous.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Lake build is starting to get real. I got a contract with a company to move 60,000 to 80,000 yards of dirt for the lake (they want good dry clay for another project). Based on our current lake design I need to move 120,000 yards of dirt. We Should have our final lake design finished in the next two weeks. Dirt is suppose to start being moved around the July 1st. Down fall is they want 6 months to move there portion of the dirt.
    But we are working with them on that part because of the money savings.

Item I am taking on myself
    1. Drain the existing lake
    2. Move all the silt in the existing pond
    3. Clean up the banks
    4. Add in field tiles / silt ponds so lake does not silt back in as fast.
    5. Do finial grading
    6. install new overflow pipes and rework emergency overflow.

Progress
    We broke the dam last weekend and should have all the water out of the existing lake by this weekend.
    My construction company already owns a track hoe, 963 High lift, skid loader, and mini excavator.
    I just bought a 6x6 articulating dump truck.
    I have a second 6x6 articulation dump truck found on a local lot. I am trying to finalize price on.
    Also just found out a guy down the road has a D7 Dozer he wants to get ride of so I am going to go look at that this weekend.
    (on the dozer if the price and shape is not right I plan on just renting on of them.)

That would complete most of the equipment that I need.

Here is some pics from this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 supra 21v

2007 supra 21v

This is truly incredible. I'll be in your neighborhood in September. May have to come check out the progress.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!