Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

The rail road contractor is suppose to dig and hall the dirt away but they just want clay. So we are cleaning out the silt on the south end of the lake they are digging the north 600' of the lake for the dirt. and I got to finish digging and do final grades. I still will need to move around 100,000 yards of dirt myself to make everything work.

we have Calculated if the weather would stay clear and have good conditions it would take 50 to 60 8hrs days to dig the lake. We have log in about 15 true 8 hr days so far but the biggest problem is we dig for two days than it rains and than we spend 4 to 6 hour cleaning up the mess the rain makes and get to dig for another day or two. I know I could make real progress if I can work at least a week straight. (I get 3 weeks vacation form my regular job but this summer and fall I could not string more the 3 days off to dig mainly because of weather.
    2007 supra 21v

Keep up the good work!
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Just thought I would give an update Not much digging this winter. We did tare down and clean up a couple building and a bunch of trees that need to go.
    The rail road keeps dropping there numbers on the amount of dirt they need. and in about another month or two there project is going to be done. On the Plus side I got some of the silt dirt sold to another contractor for a couple of crossing for the rail over and under the local highways.

I went to an auction Friday that I should of not went to and end up with another toy to help on the lake build I could not pass it up for the price.
    truck.jpg
    this will make the third haul truck for the project.
    2007 supra 21v

You ARE one-of-a-kind! Amazing project and equally amazing toys! Looking forward to more pics and updates. Thanks for posting.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Such an incredible journey so far! You have amassed a pretty impressive fleet of toys. Hope you have continued progress and look forward to the updates.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Been doing a little more digging. I am currently have a second track hoe out at the place. thing are starting to come together.
    We tore out a bunch of trees.
    We been building roads around the property with clay off the edges.
    The silt in the existing pond is starting to get dry enough we can push it with the dozer. (just need a bigger one now)
    The equipment been holding up for the most part only minor repairs so far.

The Railroad contractor fell through on the dirt they were going to take they missed there estimates by 80,000 yards. (the wrong way)

But I have picked up another contractor who's digging 10,000 yards for a bridge project. I also have a second contract needing 10,000 for a project he bid but is waiting on getting start. (Got to love the IL budget these are state projects taking the dirt so everything is shut down till the finalize a budget)

Here is some pics hope you enjoy
    road 1.jpgRoad 3.jpgRoad 4.jpgtrack hoe.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 supra 21v

few more pics my wife been taking better pics with her camera these are just the quick ones I snapped off my phone.

lake 2.jpglake 3.jpglake 4.jpglake 5.jpglake 6.jpg
    2007 supra 21v

Such an amazing project! How far off do you think you are?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Thats a S*(&t Ton of work. Cant wait to see the final product.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
    By the way, might have to come stay a week with you to enjoy! gonna build a guest house?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

My wife want to turn the grain bin into a studio apartment/ cabin for guest.
    I would say we are about 30% on moving dirt but 10% done with the area for the boat path. We been working on what is considered the hard part moving the silt a majority of the boat path is more solid dirt to move.
    Here is some more pics.

L1.jpgL2.jpgL3.jpgL5.jpgL6.jpg
    2007 supra 21v