Thread: Beede Gauges

Default Beede Gauges

My Beede Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges have fallen out of the dash. I have a 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV. It looks like the brackets just cracked and they fell out. I need to replace these and am having a difficult time finding them. Any suggestions? I want to fix ASAP! I can't believe these things just broke and fell out.

I had this problem and hadn't gotten around to sharing my fix.

I suspect that If you look at your dash, the plastic that the vinyl is laminated to has cracked. this is because the weight of the wire harness pulling on the back of the gauges. with the plastic broken around the gauge holes there was enough flex in them that the gauges could be pulled out from the back.

I got some of the Epoxy putty that is kind of like Play-Doh and it hardens up and bonds.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...H6X9B6G5QDADS2

I used it to reinforce the broken plastic on the back of my dash. then I bent out the aluminum arms that hold the gauges in (so the arms were spread out a little more). It totally worked. my dash gauge holes don't flex anymore and my gauges are staying put.

As another help, I added a little foam under the dash to prop up the wire harness so it's not pulling down so hard on the gauges.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

One of mine broke as well. I used gorilla glue on it. I zip tied the wiring harness up to take some of the stress off.
    2010 LSV

Thanks for the info. I'll tackle this issue soon and let you know how it turns out.
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV