Default Remove Clear Coating From Chrome Wheels

My wheels looked horrible, the clear coat was flaking off of the chrome. The previous owner took really good care of the boat but not the wheels. I did a lot of research on the web, and could never get a good solid answer. I wanted a simple solution to remove the coating without melting something. I tried a few things ( acetone, paint thinner, paint stripper, etc) they didn't do the trick. I found Aircraft Peeler basecoat and clearcoat remover made by Klean Strip, this stuff worked great. I removed wheels and sprayed on an even coat, let sit 10min and washed off. It didn't melt anything and chrome looks like new again. Cost was 10 Bucks at O'Reilly auto parts

IMG_3142.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3143.jpg
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

Default Remove Clear Coating From Chrome Wheels

Very nice -- did you replace the old clear coat with anything else?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Very nice -- did you replace the old clear coat with anything else?
    Just Wax, Wheels will be fine if you keep them clean.
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.