Default 2014 Outback V Bimini top install question

I ordered a factory bimini for my 2014 Outback V. I have the directions indicating the distance to measure on the rear legs and mount the mounts but what I am unsure of is what direction to mount them. Do the push buttons point to the outside or do they point to the inside? If anyone could post a picture that would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Not sure they are the same, but I have a factory bimini on my '13 OBV.....I'm willing to take a pic of mine but not sure what you need -- can you take the attached pic and indicate what you need the pic of?

IMG_0574.jpg
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

IMG_20150730_130522589.jpg

Thanks. I need to know the orientation of these mounts that go on the back side of the tower. It might not really make a difference.

I'm not near the boat right now but should be able to get you an answer sometime tomorrow.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Where ever way to have the larger opening on top for the poles to go in, from the pic u want the pins on top. As for turning the pins you would probably want them on the inside of the boat, I doubt you will be turning again once mounted. I assume you got rear straps too, you will be using the straps to pull the Bimini back down and want it to push against the mount base and not the pins that holds it in there.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I put mine up and down all the time. As stated above, the opening for the pole to slide in goes on the top.

In your picture, flip the one on the left 180* and the one on the right is perfect. Now swap them (ie your left goes on the right)

I can post a pic in a few hours if you want, heading to the lake shortly.
    2013 Outback V

Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

Sorry, forgot how much tapatalk kills the pic quality.....they are as the others posted -- the pole opening is on top.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

I checked, mine have the d rings on the outside not on the inside like I suggested.

hold on before you drill for the mounts... There are several threads about the duckbill of the bimini from the factory. I started to move the mounts on mine up more to get out of the duckbill, but did not want any extra holes on my tower. I end up cutting as much as I could off the front poles that slide in tower which helped alot.

Just a suggestion you might want to experiment with placement of the mounts before drilling.

I know for a '14 Mojo that used straps for the rear versus a second mount. On my '13 it used a second mount and another pole, which liked much better.
    Last edited by mcdye; 07-30-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Thanks for all the help. My pic was of the two starboard side mounts oriented both ways. So the one on the right side of the pic is right. This top has two mounts on each side and no rear straps. I will play around with the top before drilling.
    Karl

2014 Outback V