Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2005 Mobius LSV fuel capacity?

Just wondering if the manual could be wrong on fuel capacity. It says 40 gallons, but the most I've put in it was 25gal. At first I though my gauge might be off, stuck float or something, but last weekend I wasn't paying attention to the guage and literally ran out of fuel (right by the pump thank God) and it only took about 25 gallons. Any ideas?

2005 Mobius LSV 5.7 Indmar 325 (carb'd)
    Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    Board: '12 Ronix One ATR & '12 Ronix One Danny Harf Bindings
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

I was wondering the same thing. I put around $60 in my boat with it almost empty according to the gauge, which gave it over 3/4 of a tank.

the float is off by a bit for safety measure so when it reads E it probably has 10 gallons left, so the 40 gallons is correct , fear factor of running out of fuel.

my OBV 2007 is the same boat essentially and had 40 gallon tank.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by mjr119 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I put around $60 in my boat with it almost empty according to the gauge, which gave it over 3/4 of a tank.

How many gallons?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Might want to make sure the vent hose isn't pinched. That could cause the fill nozzle to shut off early. I have put more than 25 gal in many times.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

I've been suspect of mine as well. I've never run till empty to know for sure, but I have run a ways past E on the gauge and have never needed more than 30 gallons. I have been tempted to take a 5 gallon can and run till empty to find out.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

I may have a kink in the hose but that wouldn't explain me running out of gas, putting 25gal and it then reading full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Mobius LSV 5.7 Indmar 325 (carb'd)
    Wet Sounds: SW-650 coaxial speakers [x6] Rev10 tower speakers [x2] SYN4 amp [x2] SYN Micro amp [x1] JL Audio 12W3 [x1]
    Many mods to come...
    Board: '12 Ronix One ATR & '12 Ronix One Danny Harf Bindings
    2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: Rough Country 3x2 lift \ 32" Nitto Trail Grapplers \ 18" Incubus wheels

Could the pick up tube be short, broken, or fallen off? May be good to look at how much fuel you can see in the semi clear tank. I think my gauge reads low and I often have a bit more fuel left on the low side, which I am ok with.

I was planning to pull my take later this summer, so it will be interesting to see the gauge vs tank as I try to run the tank empty.

Pulling it to put an extra drain plug in the center of the boat. Figured it is safest just to pull the tank and put the plug in the recess just aft of the first fin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2003 OUTBACK LSV

From 'ran out of gas' to 'gas pump makes slightly higher pitched gurgle just before the dreaded petrol shower overflow' was 37 gallons for me. I really could have used another 3
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Since I just posted up on fuel tank stuff, I just pumped mine empty with the bow pointed up on the trailer. Gauge reading was about 1/8 tank of fuel and I pumped out about 13 gallons . At a half tank 15 would show full, takes a while for the gauge to show full after the nozzle kicks off. I haven't run it out of fuel yet, don't want
    to burn up fuel pump.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..