So, this past weekend we were enjoying some wakesurfing on the Mississippi river. It was a nice calm area... fairly wide and about 20' deep. I had finished riding and my step brother started his set (it was only his second time surfing). He was able to free ride a short distance a few times. On his last pull a boat attempted to overtake us at a very short distance... crossing the wake on our surf side... and the boat turned straight toward us. The driver failed to let of the throttle and they nearly hit my brother... luckily he'd not attempted a free ride yet! Then the dang boat speeds back up and drive right behind us!

I had the Gopro mounted to the rear grab rail. Sadly, there was some water on the lens by this time and the angle wasn't the best but I did manage to capture some of the event... unreal. This was also my first attempt with Gopro studio... did a bit of slow motion and zooming. The first slow motion sequence is the boat appearing behind the rider, the second is the fall and the third is a shot of the boat as it passes (along with registration numbers).

The idiots on the water never cease to amaze me!