Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Selling 3 pair stock Kicker speakers from the 13 Mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Keep a few things in mind before any blanket assumptions are made.

Bama is comparing the Kicker speakers that came out in 2013; we have redesigned the entire Kicker line since then, so you cannot assume that the comparison applies to the current Kicker offerings. The other key point is that any consumer-grade video recorder or smart phone has an auto-adjusting pre-amplifier after the microphone. It automatically adjusts the record level as you are doing the video; therefore preventing any objective audio comparisons. It levels everything out, so that all sounds are recorded close to the same level on the video recorder.

FYI

Phil
    Kicker
    Also keep in mind that I will have much more dynamic range with the 6 6.5 coax , 2 HLCD's and 12" sub than most stock audio systems ordered by dealers as they usually go basic to keep costs down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just not sure that the kickers would have held up to the rms I was going to run through them
    That is a very excellent question for someone to ask, and with no hesitation, I will answer YES!. In a tower application, I routinely drive them in the 100+ watte rms range for the 6.5" and 200W rms range for the 8".

I see no derogatory remarks here about any brand or model, just wanted to the member posing the question about the upgrade, to take the answer with a footnote attached. When a speaker is swapped, there is certainly a change in how the system sounds, as there should be. This can be fair comparison because the test parameters stayed the same. But if there is an upgrade to the speaker wattage at the same time, then the change is sound is a result of a 2 stage upgrade. The new sound is now based on both a driver and amp change, rather then just a driver change. Kinda like surfing with 400 lb sac then upgrading to an 1100 and also adding Flow and seeing a huge improvement. If someone else just added the 1100 or just the Flow, they may not have the same results.